“A must Sunday Brunch Experience.”

Gaylord's at Kilohana
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord's at Kilohana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Lihue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nuhou
Description: Gaylord's offers one of Kauai's most beautiful settings for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Located on the ground floor of the historic Kilohana Plantation home, diners are seated around an open-air courtyard with views of the plantation grounds and Mt. Waialeale in the distance. Our kitchen uses only the freshest, seasonal ingredients supporting our local farmers and fishermen. Our 67-acre sustainable farm provides much of the produce and herbs used in our dishes and cocktails. Menu items include starters like fresh Ahi Poke, Seafood Spring Rolls and Organic Greens Salads; Local Fish, Meat and Vegetarian Entrees; and Banana Cream Pie for Dessert! After your meal take a walk around the Kilohana grounds, shop in our assorted boutiques, visit the rum shop or take a ride on the plantation train. Join us at Gaylord's to enjoy the best of what Kauai has to offer in island food and experience. Call for reservations and details on weekly entertainment. Memorable by day...Unforgettable by Night.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wow! Reserve today. You will not regret the food experience, the ambiance, and service, the history, and the entire venue. This is an experience that will leave you hungry for more. Try the smoke salmon, the choice eggs, meats, fruits and baking's. If you love dark roast coffee, this is the place where you will ask for second cups, and some. Reserve today, you will be enchanted. And, do not rush. Take your time and slowly enjoy each savoury bite. Take a few pictures of each choice of food you selected. Each will be worth the memories.

1  Thank Traveller1Calgary

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Kilohana Plantation and the former Wilcox plantation home is a beautiful setting. The manicured grounds are peaceful and quiet. The restaurant itself is attractive if you can overlook the badly stained chairs. They REALLY need to do something about that. Lunch here was one of the best meals we had on our two-week vacation. I ordered the Fresh Catch which was Uku (Gray Snapper). The fish was cooked perfectly and the sides fit well with this mild fish. My wife (not a seafood eater) ordered a burger, which I graciously helped her with when she couldn't finish this large 1/2-lb burger. Service was excellent as well, attentive and responsive without being "smothering". I highly recommend Gaylord's for a quiet, classy lunch or dinner.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Gaylords is located within the Kilohana Plantation. It is a charming location, with most tables situated within an outside patio. Much of the produce served at Gaylords comes from the plantation itself, and thus is extremely fresh and seasonal. Although some of the menu items are typical luncheon fare, others are quite unique. For example, I enjoyed a bowl of Hawaaian Oxtail soup, which I had never encountered in any other restaurant. It was both delicious and filling. My husband ordered a short rib "french dip" sandwich, which was also quite tasty. We experienced Gaylords for lunch, but would love the opportunity to visit for dinner some day.

1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had lunch here with our family after taking the train ride. Seating is outside under a roof but open air. It was very windy but that didn't bother us. Each of our meals was excellent. I had aha tuna tacos. The fish was very lightly battered and cooked perfectly. We also had the ox tail soup which was not very soup like but tasted great. The fresh ginger and herb accompaniment added a nice flavor. The asparagus soup and dip sandwich also very good. I tried every one of the meal and I loved each of them.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Gaylord Wilcox "Kilohana", where the restaurant is located, was built in 1936 in the English Tudor Style and designed by British Architect, Mark Potter. Many of the original furnishings remain in the 16,000 square foot mansion. A new addition to the restaurant is the lovely Mahiko Lounge which can be found in what was the living room of the house. Live music on Thursday through Saturday and at brunch on Sunday. Seating is around an open air area which provides beautiful views of the plantation grounds. I have recently eaten at this restaurant for lunch and for brunch. Those with me chose the fish tacos, the soup of the day, and the grilled fresh catch of the day. All were excellent. I thought the brunch to provide a wonderful array of foods including smoked salmon, fresh fruits and vegetables. The hot food selection included the best breakfast potatoes that I have ever eaten!