“Too busy to serve us”

Gaylord's at Kilohana
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord's at Kilohana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Lihue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nuhou
Description: Gaylord's offers one of Kauai's most beautiful settings for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Located on the ground floor of the historic Kilohana Plantation home, diners are seated around an open-air courtyard with views of the plantation grounds and Mt. Waialeale in the distance. Our kitchen uses only the freshest, seasonal ingredients supporting our local farmers and fishermen. Our 67-acre sustainable farm provides much of the produce and herbs used in our dishes and cocktails. Menu items include starters like fresh Ahi Poke, Seafood Spring Rolls and Organic Greens Salads; Local Fish, Meat and Vegetarian Entrees; and Banana Cream Pie for Dessert! After your meal take a walk around the Kilohana grounds, shop in our assorted boutiques, visit the rum shop or take a ride on the plantation train. Join us at Gaylord's to enjoy the best of what Kauai has to offer in island food and experience. Call for reservations and details on weekly entertainment. Memorable by day...Unforgettable by Night.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made reservations here for one of our last dinner's on Kauai. We sat for 20 minutes before being attended to. Once the waitress came over to take our drink order, she took our ID's with her to verify age (which we thought was the strangest thing). After finishing our first drink after 40 minutes and still not been given a chance to order, we asked for the check and left. Very surprised that neither the waitress, host staff or manager asked why we were leaving. We won't be back.

Robin V, Public Relations Manager at Gaylord's at Kilohana, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. In an effort to improve our service we take your review very seriously and will make necessary adjustments. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you with aloha in the future. Mahalo.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been to Gaylord's a few times over the years. The food is good. Decor could use a little updating. Hostess and staff could use some training. We arrived 15 min. early for our reservation, and were told we they did not seat anyone until 5:30, OK, so why when we came back at 5:30 were there 3 tables already seated and being served. The bus staff was great but I had to remind our waitress that we ordered a bottle of wine after our appetizer came, Coffee was cold and very late in coming. As for the tea I ordered I got coffee instead, Not worth the trouble complaining, as it takes too long to get anything. The place was nearly empty but still the service was still spotty. Manager stopped and talked to many of the tables. Flew by ours all night long. Live music was very good.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We enjoyed our two lunches at Gaylord's. Lunch is much more affordable than the dinner service. The outdoor seating was restful and pleasant. The server was attentive, excellent, friendly and professional.
The salads are huge, well presented and very fresh. I had a special of chicken, mushroom and brie crepes with a small green salad. It was excellent, moist and tender. Hamburgers and ruben sandwiches were also enjoyed. However, the special coconut cream pie with a coconut crust, and a banana cream pie with rum cream topping in a coconut crust (another day) were excellent. On one cool day, my Mother also enjoyed her Baileys and coffee after dinner.
Their lunch is something that we look forward to on our yearly trips to Kauai.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate here for the first time while on Kauai last week during Easter. We booked a reservation for their Easter brunch, which from what we were told, differs just slightly from their normal Sunday brunch held weekly. The price was $52 dollars pp and we felt this was well worth each penny! I can't remember walking away from a restaurant as satisfied and raving about the food as I did with Gaylord's. The brunch was a buffet, and naturally with buffets you expect to taste maybe something, one thing, you don't love or care for along the way. Nope, not here. Every last thing we tasted, which I believe was all of it, was fantastic. My goodness, even the juice was delicious. The selection was fresh, hot and plentiful. Our only disappointment was that we filled our bellies too fast and we would have loved to go back for more and more. But, I suppose the malted waffles with guava and coconut syrups, crab mac and cheese, prime rib, potatoes, granola and yogurt, omelets, quiche, pastries, salad, cheeses and desserts were enough :) Delicious. This will be a restaurant I will plan my vacation around. I will ensure I am on the island on a Sunday so we can enjoy this brunch again!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a set menu which gave a range of local foods and tastes. Still can't get to grip with the wallpaper paste stuff!!!