“Excellent dining in a lovely outdoor setting...”

Gaylord's at Kilohana
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord's at Kilohana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nuhou
Description: Gaylord's offers one of Kauai's most beautiful settings for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Located on the ground floor of the historic Kilohana Plantation home, diners are seated around an open-air courtyard with views of the plantation grounds and Mt. Waialeale in the distance. Our kitchen uses only the freshest, seasonal ingredients supporting our local farmers and fishermen. Our 67-acre sustainable farm provides much of the produce and herbs used in our dishes and cocktails. Menu items include starters like fresh Ahi Poke, Seafood Spring Rolls and Organic Greens Salads; Local Fish, Meat and Vegetarian Entrees; and Banana Cream Pie for Dessert! After your meal take a walk around the Kilohana grounds, shop in our assorted boutiques, visit the rum shop or take a ride on the plantation train. Join us at Gaylord's to enjoy the best of what Kauai has to offer in island food and experience. Call for reservations and details on weekly entertainment. Memorable by day...Unforgettable by Night.
Columbus, Ohio USA
“Excellent dining in a lovely outdoor setting...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dinner at Gaylord's is at a lovely old place on property that was a sugar can farm at one time. The large house is vintage 1930's and is very nice. There is a new small bar that specializes in Mai Tai's which were very good. But the real highlight is the food. I ordered fried chicken which you would not normally expect to see on the menu in a fine dining establishment like this. But it was amazing. Cesar salad with smoked salmon was also outstanding. Service was prompt and friendly. This was by far the best meal we had on Kauai! Expensive, but worth it. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Sunday Brunch on Kauai”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food, excellent service, wonderful setting. I would expect a little broader selection of food items but for the price this is outstanding. Only minutes away from Marriott Kalapaki Beach

Canada
“a little pricey”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We decided to go for Sunday brunch after stopping in and visiting the plantation. The atmosphere was very nice and it included live music. Music was a nice touch. Food was okay altough it seemed that they were reluctant to bring out fresh dishes at the buffet when existing ones were empty.Brunch included a la carte items that could be ordered from the server, When I asked when to order from the choices offered I was told to go to the buffet first and the she would return and take my order. Well it was 45 min later that she finally came back to our table for my order. Since it was self serve at the buffet, how busy can a server be? I guess the hope is that you fill up at the buffet which is difficult if they are empty. I also ordered coffee that never showed up! For $29.95 per person I was disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank snowbird073
Seattle, Washington
“Good food, but poor service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We typically like to have dinner out at a fancy place for our final night in the islands. Last year and this year, we chose Gaylord's. Unfortunately, the experience was not as good this year.

On the positive side, the food was very good. I shared the crab appetizer with my daughter - good chunks of crab in a creamy sauce. I had the Ahi main, and it was perfectly rare and very good. My daughter had the scallops and my wife had the Hawaiian swordfish (name escapes me). Both enjoyed their dishes.

However, the service was not good. We felt like we were being ignored in favor of the other tables - perhaps the waitress thought they would be better tippers. We got no check back on our meals, our drinks were late in arriving, and were slow to be re-ordered. Perhaps the most infuriating was when we asked for refills of water. The busboy said, "sure", and then went to every other table refilling their water before refilling ours.

So, all in all, a disappointing end to a great trip.

2 Thank SeaRicho
Boise, Idaho
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here based on the recommendation of a friend. The salad, spring rolls, shrimp and filet mignon were excellent. The food had unique and tasty seasonings. The service was superb, and our waiter had good suggestions and a knowledgeable understanding of the menu. The ambience in the Gaylord Plantation home restaurant was comfortable and added to the enjoyment of the meal.