“Wow Great Way to Start Kauai Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kalapaki Grill
Ranked #20 of 116 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Wow Great Way to Start Kauai Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I highly recommend the Kahlua pork taco. Now I see I should have also given the fish taco a chance but I could not remove myself from the other meal. I did not stay at the Marriott but down the road and my hostess suggested I go there before I checked in. OMG! You sit at the table overlooking the beach and cliffs on one side and a great guest pool on the other side and you sip on your Mai Tai or whatever and you take in the sights and sounds and scents of this awesome tropical place and the wait staff is so chatty and islander style gracious and oh my, I am crying because I am homesick for my vacation already. I recommend for the newbie tourist to disembark from the plane, get your rental car and head straight for the Kalapaki grill at the Marriott poolside and just sit and drink and eat. I guess this is just where my head was at. It's all in what you want. Darn it. Now I have to make more money so I can go back to Kauai!!!! But, as long as I don't get Alzheimer's I will always have this go to in my mind's eye.

• Visited August 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
“Yummy Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We did the all-you-can-eat brunch, which was a fabulous deal with delicious food. We heard from others it was overpriced for other meals, but the brunch was absolutely worth it. Even when it was hot outside they had the fans going so there was a breeze in the area. Juices = amazing. We'd definitely do brunch here again, but continue going elsewhere for other meals.

• Visited October 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I ate lunch here one day, while hanging out at the pool. I got the Cajun shrimp tacos. They were excellent.

Visited August 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We ate lunch here while staying at the Marriott, and I had the Hawaiian Fish Pita. The fish was good (but I never figured out what kind it was), and it came with chips and hummus for the pita bread. I also ordered a side of watermelon, which was fresh, cool and delicious, and iced tea to drink.

We left feeling very satisfied at the good, fresh flavors. Nothing fancy, but pool/beach-side seating with a nice breeze under the shady umbrella made for a nearly perfect lunch.

Price is OK - we spent $98 for 4, but there were a couple cocktails in there as well...

Visited August 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“Solid lunch spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Kalapaki Grill located adjacent to the Marriott at Kalapaki Beach was our go-to lunch spot. My husband and I wanted something a little healthy and fairly light for lunch. Their Turkey and Swiss sandwich on whole wheat bread was great. The cost was a little more than we'd pay on the mainland but heck, this is a resort. The sandwich was served in a bamboo basket with Maui Style chips along with carrot and celery sticks. We asked for extra veggies and were always accommodated. The wait staff, especially Lindsay, were always polite and eager to please. The menu offered many other selections such as chicken tenders, burgers etc. Comparing Kalapaki Grill to mainland restaurants I give it a 3 star rating. Compared to other Kauai restaurants I give it a 4 star rating.

• Visited August 2013