“Proper, from-scratch, Mai Tais”
Review of The Feral Pig - CLOSED

The Feral Pig
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After extensive research, we visited the Feral Pig on the first night of our recent trip in pursuit of a real Mai Tai. They didn't disappoint. They make a fine from-scratch drink with quality rum and homemade orgeat - no Bacardi and pineapple juice here, kids! Drinks were well crafted and were consistent among different bartenders on our two visits. A winner.

They also have good selection of craft beer, which unfortunately seems to be rather unusual. There are lots of good Hawaiian made brews these days; it's nice to actually have some available on tap at the Feral Pig.

The food was also pretty good. We had a sandwiches one visit and both tried the jerk chicken on another visit. Both were good - the jerk chicken was nice and spicy. No complaints.

Service was excellent on both visits; we had different servers and bartenders each time and all were friendly and efficient.

The decor was a little more stark than we'd anticipated; for some reason I expected it to have more of a pub feel. Not that it matters. The cocktail & beer quality really shine here and we look forward to another visit (or several!) on our next trip.

1  Thank bamalamalu

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Tried their signature burger. It was awful. My wife couldn't even eat hers. I'm less discriminatory so at least I finished mine. The fries were good and the t-shirt was good. Get the t-shirt and leave.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We did the Wings Over Kauai tour and they recommended The Feral Pig, good choice. My husband had their Feral Burger, mix of beef and pork patty with bacon and cheese. The bacon was nice and thick, with fries which were awesome. I had the Kauai-Cuban sandwich which was great and Betsy had the steak sandwich, also very good. The lemonade is good and the service was good too. I guess it all depends when you go and who is working.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stopped in for breakfast and had a delicious meal. Coffee was tasty (Kauai Coffee Company), portuguese sausage was very good, and the banana bread french toast was to die for.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Was disappointed that the last meal of our trip wasn't at least good. Not horrible but spend your money somewhere that the food has flavor. My husband got the "special". Unfortunately the only thing special about it was the name. Since we were getting ready to fly out I ate light and got the wontons. Thankful for the dipping sauce or they would not have been edible. Disappointed.