“Good, not great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Split the feral burger and kauai cubano with my husband. Ordered the burger well and received it medium at best. The burger would have been awesome, but it grossed me out. Hubby swallowed his half whole. The cubano was tasty, though dry and not super fresh. Fries could have been fresher as well.

Service was sub par.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are REALLY into burgers, this is your place. If you're not, then avoid like the plague. Kinda greasy with good service but you really have to be into greasy meat in bread with "sauce".

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The sloppy kalapaki wins hands down the best lunch on Kauai. The Feral Pig makes the best traditional MaiTais too! The place is not high class but it has great atmosphere and character with a friendly laid back staff! Went there 3X!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I visited this restaurant a few days ago after it was recommended by a friend. I didn't know what to expect but I heard it was good. I have to say that this place had the absolute worst service ever but their food made up for it. To cut them a break, they seemed completely short staffed. There were basically 2 people working - the bartender and the waitress. I'm assuming it was an off night. The bartender was super sweet and very apologetic about the long wait to place our drink and food orders.

Anyway, everything was okay when I bit into my burger. OMG! I am a very tough critic when it comes to good burgers, and this definitely makes it on my top 5 list of all time. Seriously, you HAVE to try it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! In addition to the burger, we ordered the pork sliders - also delicious - as well as the shrimp salad for an appetizer. I don't eat shrimp but my husband and friend enjoyed it.

I hear they have a killer breakfast, but I only visited for dinner. If you're on Kauai and looking for a laid back place to eat a fantastic burger and can deal with the sub-par service (again, I think it was an off night), then you definitely want to drop by this place! If you order the burger, you will not be sorry.

1  Thank Nicole1117
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Okay, so this is quite possibly the best burger I have ever tasted! It starts with a burger made of ground beef and pork grilled to perfection. Then they top it with cheddar cheese, grilled onions, a house sauce and two long strips of pork belly also grilled to perfection! Put all of this on a bakery roll and you have yourself some good eating! The fries were just okay, but it's the burger that you are there for anyway. Oh, and the iced tea was great too.

We went in the middle of the afternoon so it wasn't busy and we received awesome service. We had heard about the feral burger before we left, so we were prepared to order it, but the server asked us if we had heard about it so it wasn't as secret as we had expected since it's not on the menu. I would highly recommend experiencing this while you are on Kauai.