“Underwhelming”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Typical bar food
The portions were small for breakfast
The value was not very good
The Place is close to where the cruise ships come in, so that might account for the high prices
They charge for parking too, but validate

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were looking for a convenient place for dinner before dropping off a friend at the airport and stumbled across the Feral Pig. Not a great beer selection for what is being marketed as a "pub", but most of the food was excellent. I had the kalua pork and cabbage and it was some of the most tender meat I have ever eaten. A couple members in my group had the pork loin and also enjoyed the tenderness of the meat, although they felt it was somewhat over-spiced and masked the quality of the pork. The one complaint from our group was on the pulled pork sandwich, which did not come with much sauce and was a little bland without it. Overall was a good meal for a good price, and I would highly recommend the kalua pork for visitors looking to experience something a little more local.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

The Feral Pig is a small, friendly place that clearly attracts the locals. I had the Kahlua pork with cabbage, which was tasty! The vegetables (small brussels sprouts and carrots) were THE best.! I could have eaten platefulls of the vegies! My friends had the pupus plate and the Oscar (pork). They loved it The wasabi sauce that came with our arancini rolls was yummy, and I used it to spice-up my kahlua pork. Our server, Daniqua, was friendly and the service was prompt. I recommend The Feral Pig for a casual dinner, and a return visit!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

BREAKFAST!! Managed by one of Hawaii's best bartenders, this slow key lounge echoes the street. Best top shelf affordable bar on da' island! As a frequenting local patron & fellow aficionado de liqueur, I challenge you to find better quality for the value. Try the Irish Muffin. Blink & you'll miss it!!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Recommended by a member of the nearby Marriott staff. One burger was great - their special Feral Burger....served with sweet potato fries. We requested that both burgers be cooked medium....they were overdone for our taste...but because of the additions to the Feral burger it was not as noticable.

The following day we tried their breakfast. The banana-macadamia pancakes were great. Omelette nothing special. Skip the "hash browns" they were the square, grilled freezer variety that you find all to often in Kauai restaurants.

The staff and service was wonderful !

1  Thank Karol64