“Lived up to the hype”
Review of The Right Slice

The Right Slice
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Lihue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Right Slice is Kaua'i's only specialty pie shop. Featuring fresh local flavors in hand rolled butter crusts. Pot pies also available for lunch and dinner, 1 hour pre-order requested. Open M-Sat, 11-6.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We sought out Right Slice after hearing about it from some friends who visited the island a few years prior. It is easy to find with GPS or asking anyone in Lihue. My only regret is visiting it so late in our trip that we didn't have a chance to make a second visit. We tried a slice of the passionfruit cheesecake, blueberry pina colada pie and the mango-passionfruit pie, all of which were amazing, with the cheesecake being my personal favourite but honestly I would order any of them again. The crust was perfectly cooked, flaky and buttery and the fillings were moist and flavourful (I am actually salivating as I write this review). This is a must try when visiting Kauai. They also have great dinner pies (such as chicken pot pie) that can be ordered ahead of time and even cooked for you or taken home to bake. Next time we will have to try those too! The staff was incredibly friendly, especially given the fact that we walked in the door about 5 minutes before they closed. You won't regret a visit to the right slice!

1  Thank Gillian G

Reviewed February 18, 2014

we were lucky enough to enjoy the Blueberry Pina Colada Pie and the Macadamia Nut pie not once but twice on our recent trip to Kauai. We enjoyed it at a two different farmers markets and it was so much fun. Lines are always long so if you're at the farmers market get your pie first so you can get a good selection. I only wish we could have it here on the mainland!! So worth the calories

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We sought the location where these delectable pies emanate after seeing the lines at the local Poipu farmers market. Turns out the location is only about 100 yards from another Trip Advisor top choice--Mark's. after eating at both, I'm surprised I haven't seen a review that recommends following up a plate lunch at Mark's with a slice of pie at The Right Slice. We tried a slice of the all-time favorite, mango and passion fruit, at the store (2 yumms up) and then took a slice of the blueberry, goat cheese, glazed macadamia nut concoction home to eat later. This latter pie was an interesting blend of favors--the goat cheese not making an appearance on the taste buds until late on the palate, more of an aftertaste. This was my wife's favorite, but not so much for me. Unfortunately we won't have a chance to try more of their delicious fares since we leave for home in two days. Oh BTW, on Saturday, they discount their whole pies and slices by 20% after 5:00pm.

1  Thank beachcomber1947
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We look forward to our time in Kauai not only for its natural beauty but also for great foodie scene! At the top if this culinary group is Sandy Poehnelt's Right Slice gourmet pies which she sells by the slice at farmer's markets as well as Hanapepe's Friday Art Walk and her own bakery in Puhi (by KCC)
1543 Haleukana
M - Sat 11-6
Puhi‎ HI‎ 96766
My husband's fav is chocolate ganache & macaroon; mine is caramel apple. We buy several slices and hoard them in our refrigerator. We try to get at least 2 days' worth decadent delight.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had read a review of The Right Slice in a magazine, earmarked it for reference, and promptly lost the magazine. That's ok, just ask any local where to find the Lihue pie lady, and eventually you'll get there. Tucked away in an industrial part of town, The Right Slice is located in a small, tidy and very thrifty bungalow. The daily offerings are presented in a miniscule case, and sometimes the counter help can be slow to give you attention but hang in there, they're too busy making pies! Boasting all butter crusts, the Kauai Lemon, and the Chocolate coconut macaroon pies were...simply...to die for! Really some of the best pie I've had in a long time! The C/C/M pie was a tad too rich for me, but holy hell, I scarfed down that lemon pie like it was my last meal on earth! Good job, ladies!

1  Thank islandjavaguy

Been to The Right Slice? Share your experiences!