“Good Pie but Plan Ahead!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Right Slice
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Lihue
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Right Slice is Kaua'i's only specialty pie shop. Featuring fresh local flavors in hand rolled butter crusts. Pot pies also available for lunch and dinner, 1 hour pre-order requested. Open M-Sat, 11-6.
Fort Worth
“Good Pie but Plan Ahead!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The Right Slice is really a bakery that also sells a little pie, so.....

If you want something in particular, I HIGHLY recommend calling ahead. I wanted a shepherds pie and chocolate for dessert, but would have needed to call ahead at least 45 minutes.

The slice of pie we had was good, but to be fair, not worth driving down from Princeville over (if you are already generally in the range of the airport, this might be a good snack).

Our mistake was presuming we could use it as a lunch choice and just "show up"..... Bad Idea!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Travelbum2005

Virginia
“Try the Lilikoi Cheesecake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

You have to be looking for The Right Slice to find it -- I doubt anyone stumbles upon it given its location in what looks like an industrial area. But it is worth a visit. My daughter is a pie fanatic, and after hearing good reviews, and having never been to a pie-only bakery before, we had to check it out. The storefront itself is small but comfortable. There were at least 8 types of pie available by the slice, plus a few other "baby pie" flavors. We chose 4 different slices and shared them: Mac nut pie (think pecan pie but with mac nuts -- very sweet and rich), Lilikoi cheesecake (flavorful and creamy), chocolate macaroon (dense, rich, but not overly sweet) and lime (lime curd between two crusts). The cheesecake was my personal favorite, but choc macaroon and lime were tied for second. We sat outside on the porch and enjoyed our treats.

Williams, California
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Following the sugestions of several reviewers we made a point of visiting The Right Slice. The young lady working was very nice and made some suggestions. After a great deal of thought we purchased 5 slices of different pies for 4 of us to enjoy after dinner. The included chocolate coconut macaroon, Blueberry pinacolada, Macademia nut, Island lime and then as per the bakers suggestion we tried the Mango likoi, (most popular). Well we all tries a little of each, we could hardly get the Mango down, the blueberry and lime were less than impresive. The chocolate coconut macaroon and the Macademia nut were pretty tasty, I would give them a 7 on a scale of 1-10. I was realy hoping these pies were going to be the finishing touches on a great vacation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“far from typical, but very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you're looking for apple or cherry pie, just move along. If you are wanting unique to the island pies, this is it. There was blueberry pina colada pie, I can't remember the kind of lime pie - but it wasn't anything like key lime pie at all, or something with coconut or macadamia nuts. We got the lime baby pie - 2 crusts and the lime inside was more like a lemon merangue without the merangue. The crust isnt' flaky (I'd think the humidity would make it almost impossible for that) but it is a very rich and buttery crust.

It's in an industrial area, so don't let that fool you.

New York City, New York
“The Right Slice is Worth 3.5 Stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

First off, you will wonder if you're lost heading to this place since it is almost hidden by warehouse-type facilities, but you're probably going the right way. Once you get there you feel at home - the store setting is intimate, and has a shaded front porch area, as well as another bigger area, where you can enjoy your slice.

I had one of their best sellers - the mango lilikoi pie. I must say that I wasn't overly wow-ed by it, and when you factor in the cost I was under-whelmed. I ended up leaving the crust and just eating the filling, which was good. My friend had a slice that had blueberry and coconut in it which was way better than what I had. We ended up getting a third slide, but I didn't end up trying it. But I will tell you that it got rave reviews from a tour guide we had - I believe it had chocolate in it.

Regardless, I'd say that The Right Slice is worth a visit, especially if you're in the area and have some time to spare. Just know going into it that there might be some choices that might not knock your flip flops off, and some that will. Just go in with the mindset to try until you find the one you love! =)

• 2 of 5 bubbles