“The Right Slice is Worth 3.5 Stars”
Review of The Right Slice

The Right Slice
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Lihue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Right Slice is Kaua'i's only specialty pie shop. Featuring fresh local flavors in hand rolled butter crusts. Pot pies also available for lunch and dinner, 1 hour pre-order requested. Open M-Sat, 11-6.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

First off, you will wonder if you're lost heading to this place since it is almost hidden by warehouse-type facilities, but you're probably going the right way. Once you get there you feel at home - the store setting is intimate, and has a shaded front porch area, as well as another bigger area, where you can enjoy your slice.

I had one of their best sellers - the mango lilikoi pie. I must say that I wasn't overly wow-ed by it, and when you factor in the cost I was under-whelmed. I ended up leaving the crust and just eating the filling, which was good. My friend had a slice that had blueberry and coconut in it which was way better than what I had. We ended up getting a third slide, but I didn't end up trying it. But I will tell you that it got rave reviews from a tour guide we had - I believe it had chocolate in it.

Regardless, I'd say that The Right Slice is worth a visit, especially if you're in the area and have some time to spare. Just know going into it that there might be some choices that might not knock your flip flops off, and some that will. Just go in with the mindset to try until you find the one you love! =)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Simply the best pie you will ever taste in your entire life. 6 stars out of 5! we stalk her at every farmers market every time on Kauai. we want to come up with something bad to say so you won't buy out our cheesecake, but we can't. Culinary brilliance of the pie variety.

1  Thank Diane M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

They were at the Kukui'ula Kukui'ula Culinary Market and husband wanted to buy a slice of pie. I was iffy about it, but we're on vacation so why not. He ended up buying a baby pie, chocolate coconut macaroon. It costs $17, a little pricey and really the pie didn't look all that. When we got back to hotel and cut it up, omg, ... then the first bite, perfect layer of rich milk chocolate follow by bottom layer of coconut macaroon and perfect pie crust. It was not sugary sweet but an unbelievable balance of fresh flavors. we are all still drooling thinking about it. thank you!!!

1  Thank ladychow
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wanted to try this after reading about them on Trip Advisor. We were fortunate enough to stumble across them at the Wednesday market in the new shopping center right by the Poipu roundabout. $5 a slice is not a lot when you consider that you are getting a generous piece of handmade pie stuffed with lots of fruit. I LOVED it!!! The mango is so delicious, and the crust was wonderful!! Do not hesitate, try some!! Next time I am in Kauai, they will be my first stop!

1  Thank Cruzn3
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We found this place on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. We bought two baby pies and after tax and tip spent 43.00. We got the Belgian Chocolate and the Chocolate Maccaroon. The Belgian Chocolate was just like any other pie you could buy at the store for 4.99....however, the real magic happened with the Chocolate Maccaroon!!! Amazing flavor and bursts of coconut. I have never had a pie like this! I would buy again and again! The Right Slice was awesome!

1  Thank Donnamariet

Been to The Right Slice? Share your experiences!