“Yummy!!!!”

The Right Slice
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Lihue
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Right Slice is Kaua'i's only specialty pie shop. Featuring fresh local flavors in hand rolled butter crusts. Pot pies also available for lunch and dinner, 1 hour pre-order requested. Open M-Sat, 11-6.
Annapolis, Maryland
“Yummy!!!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We enjoyed our lilikoi pie at the Friday Hanapepe art night they day we arrived. Like it so much I had to go back and try a different pie - tantric chocolate - oh my! I wish we had this stuff at home! Love the pie lady too...and they also set up a stand at the organic farmer's market at The Shops at Kukuiula on Wednesday at 4pm. Don't miss this pie!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank KatD59

Redmond, Washington
“Most amazing pies EVER!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Right Slice makes the most insanely delicious pies I have ever tasted. (Sorry grandma.) We found her booth at the Hanapepe Art Walk and were completely hooked. We had a variety of the dessert pies and got chicken pot pies for dinner one night. All were completely fabulous! We went to the shop in Puhi several times where we received pleasant and courteous prompt service while we drooled over all the choices of flavors.
If the shipping costs to the mainland were cheaper, we would have The Right Slice pie on our table much more frequently.
Thanks so much for making ridiculously amazing pie!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank blessedwithboys3
massachusetts
“THE PIE LADY ROCKS!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Oh my God. This is a must for any visit to Kauai. I went to her because of a friend of mine who told me about her pies and how amazing they are and she was soooo right. I got the blueberry pudding pie. A new one she had created. It was so good. we also got many other slices to try and the pops were delish too. It made our trip to look forward to trying the pies and I honestly wish she would move to MA!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank fsjbowen
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“OMG”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I bought about 12 or 15 pies from this restaurant over this past summer during my 12 week vacation on Kauai. You are going to love the pies at The Right Slice. My personal fav is the blueberry lilikoi, it's wonderful. Almost everything they have is just great. It's very much worth the trip. My rating of the food is excellent I highly recommend it. As a caveat one of the owners (the taller lady) consistantly ignored me in favor of others who entered the store after I did. On every single occasion she would ask what she could do to wait on someone else, even though I was in the store first and had waited the longest. It certainly couldn't have been because she thought I wasn't buying a pie. Once, following a purchase I immediately asked her to slice the pie up for me since my guests and I planned on sitting outside at the area provided for eating. She asked me to wait while she filled order that had apparently been phoned in for the next person (the only other person in the store) to pick up. I knew that was what was going to happen but here I had to wait while she filled this enormous order that took her at least 20 minutes to get all these boxes of pot pies and dessert pies in the oven and other packed in boxes. You might wonder why she couldn't just slice my pie in the pan and hand it back to me in 15 seconds like anyone else would have but we knew exactly why that was. It's just the way the woman treated me and I was always smiles and praises for their products every time I came in to purchase. Everyone else who works there waited on me just fine, I have no issues with anyone else. The natives of Kauai do not at all practice that type of racism, but I know for a certainty that overt racism is alive and well at The Right Slice.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank deanamae
HIppine, Owner at The Right Slice, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Aloha! My name is Sandy. I am the one and only owner of The Right Slice. Perhaps you read about me in the interviews or magazine and newspaper articles hanging in my retail store during your time spent there?!

First, I would like to send you a big Mahalo for supporting my business and enjoying our pies during your 3 month visit to Kaua’i. I wonder what your favorite flavor was? Blueberry Pina Colada? Or Mango Lilikoi? …because we don’t have a blueberry lilikoi flavor? I would love to know!

Second, I hope, as any small business owner would, that if you felt slighted or mistreated in any way, that you would ask to speak to a manager or owner. I ask my customers to do the same in regards to the quality of our products. I was actually speechless when I read your review. I hope that we treat all of our customers with respect, no matter their size, shape or color. That said, I don’t know your size, shape or culture, but in my mind it does not matter.

The unfortunate thing about this review, is it is in regards of one of my employees, not me, the owner. I have spoken with my employees and have full faith in each of them to treat my customers as well as I would, and honestly often better!

I had some great insight from someone close to me, that often we take for granted that our friends and family (in our case our faithful customers) and assume they will be more patient with us than normal. Perhaps that was the case in your situation, having been in our shop so frequently on your visit. I cannot say as to the exact circumstances, not being there myself. I can only say that I believe 100% that not one of my staff is biased against anyone entering our store. We are a family here at TRS and we are grateful for every customer and every sale and every repeat visit.

As stated on our door when you enter the bakery, we are a WORKING bakery. That does mean that if we are helping you and our oven timers go off, we do need to excuse ourselves to take pies out of the oven. Or that if we have an order that needs to go in the oven, we need to do so, as we often work with only one or two staff.

I sincerely regret that you felt slighted while visiting my bakery. Racist? I feel quite strongly that that is not the case, as I hope any of our regulars would tell you. Please also have your facts straight before you leave a review. I do not appreciate being called racist at all, much less when I am not even the person you are talking about. That, in my opinion, is a HUGE slight towards me personally, on your part.
California
“I try a new flavor every trip”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Right Slice never disappoints. This trip I bought 2 for a party. A blueberry one with coconut topping and the most delicious mango lilikoi. Warning....they are expensive but so worth it!

• Visited September 2012

Been to The Right Slice? Share your experiences!