“Being in 7-th heaven”

Hawaiian Rainforest Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, located at the beautiful Kauai Beach Resort, is a reflection of Kauai and the geographic wonders of the tropical Hawaiian Islands. You will find a peaceful haven and spa experience to restore, rebalance and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. Our philosophy embraces sincere respect for our Aina (the land) and incorporates Kauai's indigenous botanical products in several of our signature treatments.We provide a relaxing array of spa services including massage therapy, facials,and body treatments. We also offer complimentary use of the spa sauna with all services.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had a Swedish massage with Audra Berreth.
Let me tell you: I usually have massage every month with my personal masseuse here, on Central Coast, CA, but this was an experience on a whole new level!
Audra gave me a deep tissue massage which can be compared to being in 7-th heaven. She knew exactly where to put pressure on my tired back and neck muscles. She loosened my hips which got pretty stiff after sitting for 5.5 hours on the airplane.
The feet and hand massage by Audra was indescribable. I felt like I died and went to heaven. People, who don't have massage with a good masseuse, who knows what she is doing, are definitely missing a great deal of pleasure.
Audra put me in such a relaxed state, that it took me a few minutes to realize which way is my room at the Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation, where I stayed.
I am glad I had the massage at the beginning of my stay in Kauai, it set the pace for a relaxing week.

1  Thank nancy1021_13
HawaiianRainforest, Manager at Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for the nice review, Nancy. We are happy you liked it....

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had a deep Lomi Lomi massage from Rose - she is strong and worked out some knots that my regular therapist at home hadn't been able to. Whew! A really nice place and a great benefit that they let you use the sauna while you're in there. If only I could've gotten a sauna pass (idea for you) for during our stay! They had a well-stocked women's changing room with shampoo and all the other fixings one needed. Sure, it's not the spa at the Poipu Sheraton but I was very pleased. My determining factor is always "would I go back?" and the answer is Yes.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a massage with Patty. I am big guy 5'10 270 lbs. with psiatica issues on my right side and rotater cuff issues on my left. Patty had a very professional manner, she was very careful in discussing my issues before my massage which was great!! she was strong enough (and then some) to work my thighs and hamstrings and shoulder blades. She was also soft where/when necessary. I felt great after my massage...days after!! Deep tissue was what I got. There was a little pain but it was the good kind! I asked for it! I had knots all over and Patty worked them all out! Patty was very careful to check if the pressure was too much. I recommend Patty to any athlete or just big guy who needs some strength with their pampering!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Bad, bad, bad. Cheap robes, sheets, etc. My massage therapist had coarse hands and long fingernails---ick and ow!

1  Thank PetersenClan
HawaiianRainforest, Owner at Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Aloha "PetersenClan",

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, you are right that some robes were outdated. We immediately replaced them with new and better ones.
Concerning the fingernails, we will stress it out to our therapists again, and will continue checking them with greater vigilance.

Please contact us when you are back on Kauai, and we will try to make up for it....

Please accept our apologies.

Mahalo,
Rolf

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I hate doing this, but I also received a massage from David. The date of my massage was August 26 and I have been in terrible agony from something he did to my neck. Yesterday & today have been excrutiating and frankly, it has very negatively impacted my entire vacation. I also have to comment that I mentioned after my massage how sore my neck was and I was dismissed very quickly. Also, he made a strange comment that he "wasn't sure I got what I needed" - almost like he knew he had done something to injure me. I have never left a negative review before and was really torn about doing it, but I have to warn people - my vacation is essentially ruined & the kicker is that I couldn't tell them personally as the spa was closed for the next two days...

1  Thank jenniferjazzsinger
HawaiianRainforest, Manager at Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Aloha “”jenniferjazzsinger”,
Your experience with us has obviously been very disappointing. Please accept our apologies for part of it.
Nevertheless, we feel that this review is one-sided, as it omits part of the story that would be interesting to know to the other readers.
It would be great if you had mentioned that our spa manager personally visited you twice at your vacation rental in order to access and resolve the situation, and helping to relieve the spasming, even as in our opinion this was not triggered at all by David’s massage.
Also, it’s not possible that our spa was closed “for the next two days…”, as we are without exception open 365 days a year.
We wish you all the best in future, and hope to welcome you back on your next visit in Kauai.
Rolf