“Not worth the money”

Hawaiian Rainforest Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, located at the beautiful Kauai Beach Resort, is a reflection of Kauai and the geographic wonders of the tropical Hawaiian Islands. You will find a peaceful haven and spa experience to restore, rebalance and rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit. Our philosophy embraces sincere respect for our Aina (the land) and incorporates Kauai's indigenous botanical products in several of our signature treatments.We provide a relaxing array of spa services including massage therapy, facials,and body treatments. We also offer complimentary use of the spa sauna with all services.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Bad, bad, bad. Cheap robes, sheets, etc. My massage therapist had coarse hands and long fingernails---ick and ow!

1 Thank PetersenClan
HawaiianRainforest, Owner at Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Aloha "PetersenClan",

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, you are right that some robes were outdated. We immediately replaced them with new and better ones.
Concerning the fingernails, we will stress it out to our therapists again, and will continue checking them with greater vigilance.

Please contact us when you are back on Kauai, and we will try to make up for it....

Please accept our apologies.

Mahalo,
Rolf

vancouver, bc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Injured by massage therapist”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I hate doing this, but I also received a massage from David. The date of my massage was August 26 and I have been in terrible agony from something he did to my neck. Yesterday & today have been excrutiating and frankly, it has very negatively impacted my entire vacation. I also have to comment that I mentioned after my massage how sore my neck was and I was dismissed very quickly. Also, he made a strange comment that he "wasn't sure I got what I needed" - almost like he knew he had done something to injure me. I have never left a negative review before and was really torn about doing it, but I have to warn people - my vacation is essentially ruined & the kicker is that I couldn't tell them personally as the spa was closed for the next two days...

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jenniferjazzsinger
HawaiianRainforest, Manager at Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Aloha “”jenniferjazzsinger”,
Your experience with us has obviously been very disappointing. Please accept our apologies for part of it.
Nevertheless, we feel that this review is one-sided, as it omits part of the story that would be interesting to know to the other readers.
It would be great if you had mentioned that our spa manager personally visited you twice at your vacation rental in order to access and resolve the situation, and helping to relieve the spasming, even as in our opinion this was not triggered at all by David’s massage.
Also, it’s not possible that our spa was closed “for the next two days…”, as we are without exception open 365 days a year.
We wish you all the best in future, and hope to welcome you back on your next visit in Kauai.
Rolf
Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great massage”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had a massage here with David, who was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere of the spa is calm, and I felt very relaxed and as though I was a part of a spa "experience." There are showers, towels, and a steam room, etc. I was staying at the resort and was unable to charge my spa services to my room, which I would have liked to do.

However, the overall spa experience and the quality of the massage I received was excellent. On vacation, you kind of tak a crap shoot when you go get a massage, but if this spa was back at home, I'd be a return customer!

Visited August 2012
missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I just wanted to take a minute to say what a wonderful massage I received from Bobbie. I was under a great deal of stress and had been having tension headaches and neck aches. She not only was able to work out the knots in my shoulder and neck but I didn't have any more problems the rest of my vacation. I have had many massages over the years but her calming demeanor and skills as a therapist put others to shame.

Visited June 2012
Farwell, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were the only ones in the spa the whole hour we were there. The staff was super super nice and they do have a military discount. The only down side is they are not a full set up spa in my mind by only offering massages and sauna. No pools are hot tubes to relax in after your massage.

Visited April 2012