Spent 9 days at the resort in early January 2009. Stayed in two different condos, one was timeshare (Unit I-109) and the other was a vacation rental (H-101). Both were comfortable, clean units with harbor view. Kitchen well stocked with pots, pans, plates and utensils. Had a problem with a coffeemaker that had a new unit at the condo within 15 min. and a running toilet that a maintenance man was at the door in less than 30 min. Timeshare unit was a two story unit with 2 bedrooms and full bath upstairs and living/dining/kitchen area with 1/2 bath downstairs + covered parking below. Vacation rental unit was single story 2 bed/2 bath. No bugs or lizards/geckos (exterminator came through for monthly service while we were there) anywhere in sight, lots of chickens though. Also didn't run into any 1970 decore in either unit.
Check in was a breeze and front office staff were polite and very helpful. Make sure if you need coolers, beach chairs, snorkel equipment, noodles or beach mats to ask the office as they have a closet full of goodies available for check out that others have left behind. . Very helpful! Pool area was small but nice and clean with a good view of harbor and surf cove. Resort is built on a slight hillside so there is some up and downs plus there can be stairs involved depending on the unit. There are lower units with no stairs necessary I think. Shopping, restaurants and groceries are close by. Overall had a great time, 4 wheel dr. jeep we rented had us rockin' on some back country roads that were muddy and good time! Aloha and mahalo to the Banyon Harbor staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside in Nawiliwili, the Banyan Harbor Resort is ideal for your next getaway. From the moment you set foot in our island-styled lobby, you'll feel the Aloha Spirit that has made Kauai the popular destination it is today. Your "Home away from Home" is a block from Kalapaki Beach, shopping, restaurants, activities and entertainment. Anchor Cove Shopping Village and the Harbor Mall are both within a short walk. Three golf courses, Kauai's largest shopping center, Kauai's largest movie theatre and world class ocean & air charters are available within two miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Harbor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Harbor Hotel Lihue
- Banyan Harbor Kauai
- Banyan Harbor Resort Kauai, HI