My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, it was our first time in Kauai. We choose this hotel based on the location (east side a good in between area for exploration) and because it had a airport shuttle (returned rental early to save some money). Also there was a good deal on the website at the time $99 with a free ocean view upgrade. We arrived around 9:30-9:45 am and did not expect our room to be ready (it wasn't), we just wanted to drop off our bags and explore. Two other groups from our plane were staying there too and got there before us so we had a bit of a wait at the front desk (no biggie). The lady at the front desk was very friendly and so were the bell and valet staff, this was true through out our stay.
So we returned at about 5pm and our room was ready. We lugged our stuff to the room, didn't seem like the bell service delivered. As we walked to our room in building four there was a hula show at the pool. Our room did have a great view of the ocean and the pools. It was fairly big and clean. We never had a problem with the cleaniness of the room or the resort. We always had plenty of towels and soap.
We did valet most of the time, since it was the same price. There is a $12 or $13 service fee each night that covers parking valet or self. We di self park sometimes and it wasn't a bad walk. Oh, the drive into the resort is nice, a tunnel of trees. The valet never took that long. There were a couple special events while we were there we weren't bothered by any noise, but we made sure we used valet then (so parking was their problem!). The night before we left we returned our rental car (to save on the resort fee and car rental fee) and there is a service phone at the airport to call the hotel and the shuttle wait was about 15 minutes (the hotel is about 5 minutes away).
The beach is now swimmable (we knew that coming in so we weren't disappointed), however it is a nice walking beach with soft sand. Not much is around the resort so it had some good photo opps. The pools were lovely, and my husband liked the slide. The little sand pool with "beach" is nice but the sand is coarse there. The hot tubs were nice too. The hotel has nice beach towels for you to use, you can get them from the front desk or the pool desk, make sure you either get your towel card back or another towel. You need to turn in the cards back in at check-out or pay $25 per towel.
We ate at the hotel once (although we thought about eating there more). The food wasn't too high priced, hotel prices, but it was incredibly good. At dinner there was a gresat salad bar included in the meal (as many trips as you wanted), and the portions were large. Our service that night was a little slow but our server was friendly and said they were understaffed that night (not a big deal). The lounge was nice and had music nightly. The bar typically had a special daily. There was a beach bar that served food (didn't eat it) and looked out over the ocean. They made a great lava flow! There isn't any restaurant within walking distance to the resort but a quick drive takes you too Lihue or Kapaa with many options, and Poipu is about 20 minutes away. We enjoyed Bobby V's (Kapaa), Duke's (Lihue), and Roy's in Poipu for dinner. Breakfast we ate at McDonald's (spam mcmuffin) and the Tip Top Cafe (Lihue) or skipped breakfast. Lunches were at Bubba Burger (Hanalei), Deli & Bread Connection (lihue), Puka Dog (poipu), L&L BBQ (Waimea).
To save on baggage fees we did laundry here and the cost was $1 for 45 minutes of dryer time, and $1.50 for a load in the washing machine. There were four washers and four dryers. The resort was very quiet and peaceful overall. A little windy on the east shore and got a little chilly at night. I found a lot of people's complaints unfounded for me. The staff was nice, resort was clean, and grounds looked great. And I felt safe here (there is a safe in the room). There is a small buisness center and a gift shop that had decent prices.
I was not expecting much based on the reviews and I wasn't expecting a 5 star deluxe resort based on price but what I experienced was definately 4 star awesome! I would highly recommend this resort and wouldn't hesitate to book this resort again. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, movie and game rentals, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI