We came here to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I did alot of researching on different resorts on Kauai. From what I read on the Hilton website to what we received was totally different. We booked our stay mid October/09 and new ownership happened Jan 01/10
When the resort was under the Hilton name, the website stated Friday evenings there was to be a Hotel Manager's Meet & Greet, lamps around the resort were to be lit and entertainment was to be provided. To my dismay, this did not happen in the 2 weeks we stayed here. Also, to our surprise, for internet service in your room, you will be charged $12.95/day, parking your rental car 12.95/day. When I had reviewed the information prior to making the reservation, this was not mentioned. In the hotel room, there is a sign stating that the type of services you are entitled to...they put a white label over internet services and parking.....cheaply done as you could see thru the label. It does indicate you can have access to the Business Centre, but they fail to tell you that you will be charged $0.50/minute to use the internet and charged $1.00/each page you print.
When I questioned the staff on the various charges and the Friday night event, they just stated that they are now under new management and items previously stated on their website were incorrect.
The rooms were okay, but, I expected something quite different for a high end Hilton Hotel Resort.
You must have a rental car while you are here. Nothing is within walking distance from the resort. With out transportation, you are stuck paying high prices for your meals and any incidentals or souvenirs you may need will cost you a fortune in their gift shop.
The appearance of the resort is really nice, until you try to go swimming in the pools. They are absolutely freezing cold. We had weather 80F and plus the whole time we were here and not once was it comfortable to swim.
The nicest thing I can say about the resort is their staff are very friendly.
Unfortunately due to nickle and diming you to death, plus added charges for internet, parking etc, and the lack of things to do, we will not be returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, movie and game rentals, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI