We live in Honolulu and we are trying to hit all the islands before we leave Hawaii. This was our first interisland trip, and Kauai is gorgeous. We booked this resort off Travelocity and got a good rate. We were surprised about the "add on" charges however, and maybe we are out of touch, but having to pay for parking and internet was really surprising (about thirty some dollars a day for both). The rooms and facilities were clean, but a bit dated, but nothing that really turned us off. I got exactly what I expected for ocean beach access, views only, because I did my research.
One thing I noted from other reviewers, that "blank stare" and "rude" and "poor customer service" that people perceive...... It is a perception of a mainlander. We are mainlanders whom have only lived here less than a year, and that is just how some Hawaiians are, they are very kind, but you need to engage them and then they are very friendly. If you come in knowing this, you will most likely not think anyone is being rude or giving you a blank stare.
On the beds, they are satisfactory at best. At our home we have a hotelier grade mattress and the beds at this resort are not of this quality, satisfactory but not super high quality. Really to be expected for a resort on a budget.
The buffet breakfast was delicious and well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $18/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, movie and game rentals, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI