Overall a very nice location. Our only problem was that when we first arrived late Friday night our room smelt a little like a boat. You know that little bit of a old water smell. That could have been from all of the rain they had been having. Woke up quite early the next morning to the sound of the Island of Kauai national bird, the Rooster at 4:30am. Then when the sun did finally come up I saw our view, mind you we paid quite extra for a "Ocean View." The view, a very tiny view of the ocean, a nice view of the parking lot and a great view of the dumpster below. Apart from the roosters, the bottles being thrown into the dumpster made a great sound also.
In the morning I went to the reception desk to see about getting a room change. I was told a better room would be available across the hall in about 6 hours. I still thought that these rooms were not ocean view but just partial ocean view. I asked the very nice girl at reception if any upgraded rooms were available and of course they did have an ocean view suite available. We checked this room out and it was much, much better. A little bigger than the previous room and it was a true ocean view, just about right on the beach. But it did have it's draw backs also, it was an additional $60 a night. Now we are up to @$255 a night.
Best aspects of the hotel… the staff was great. I wish I could remember the name of the guy at the bar, he was fantastic. From telling us that the kitchen was closed when we arrived late the first night, he said he would make us a sandwich, to finding me the hockey game to watch, he is a great asset to the hotel.
The hotel has a great beach to go for a walk on but don't plan on going swimming here, too much reef and not enough sand. You can go for a short drive to go swimming on the beach
The valet service was also fantastic. They called us by name, asked how our day was and were also very informative as to what to do and where to go on the island.
Pools were exceptionally clean and well maintained with a very nice water slide for the kids or wish we were still kids, kids.
The breakfast buffet was fabulous. Excellent omelets and fantastic fresh fruit, a truly great breakfast.
Overall a very nice resort and we will probably be back again next time with the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Otel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI