An easy short drive from airport.
One of the best ever check-ins we've ever had with the friendliest receptionist ever, Liz I think, give her a pay rise! The reception area is a lovely space that hosted art & crafts evenings.
As others have commented, it is a pity that the hotel feel the need to charge for parking - I really don't understand that when there is ample parking available.
We had an ocean view room in building 4 which was furthest from the main block but had a great view.
Others reviewers have said how it's really nice to be able to open the balcony doors to hear the surf crashing and that really is the case - wonderful. The resort has a sort of nice colonial feel about it with wood panelled walls along the corridors.
We weren't bothered with any cockerel noise but they were all over the complex.
The pool areas are very nice with a separate beach/sand pool and a pool bar but we did have an exceptionally long wait for a sandwich.
The Shutters bar is a nice place to relax in the evening with happy hours, live music nightly and offers basic but nice bar meals, pizzas, burgers etc..
The Naupaka Terrace restaurant was great for breakfast, individual dishes or buffet options however it wasn't so good for an evening meal. Prices were quite high (I know it's Hawaii) but you didn't really get value for money and a couple of times the meal just wasn't very good although the waiters/waitresses were very attentive.
As has been noted, the beach is not safe for swimming but is lovely for walking.
The east side of the island seems an ideal location for exploring as nothing is too far a drive.
Overall we loved our stay here but if we returned we'd probably have evening meals elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, and a ballroom. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelPower so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI