Overall, the Kauai Beach Resort is a very nice place to stay in Hawaii. And the price is especially attractive, all things considered. The rooms are clean, the deck/lanai is quite nice, it is quiet (roosters notwithstanding), the views are gorgeous, the pools are cool, and the staff is very friendly.
Kauai has it's own rhythm and the Beach Resort is right in step with that rhythm. My only criticism is the operating hours of some of the on-site services. The breakfast buffet does not start until 6:30. That is great for those lazy sleep-in days after too many mai-tais. But, quite a few of our island activities required us to leave the resort before 6:00AM. So, no breakfast for us on those days.
Similarly, some of our activities kept us away until the late afternoon or early evening. But, the pool bar closes at 6:00PM. That was a little disappointing. It would have been awesome to hang out at the pool with a drink after a hard day of hiking, 4-wheeling, or whatever. What's more, the resort is somewhat removed from any other civilization so the options are limited once they roll back the sidewalks.
That being said, the property is beautiful and great for families. And, since the pools and hot tubs close at 10:00PM, there is no need to worry about being kept awake by late night revelers. I would certainly have no problem whatsoever staying here again the next time we make it to Kawai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Otel, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI