For a hotel located in the middle of the island, this hotel is very nice. It is not a Hyatt, St Regis or Marriott, but it doesn't try to be either. The property is in the final stages of a major capital improvement that should be completed before the end of December which was needed. The final stages is a new covered parking lot which probably makes it the only covered lot in Kauai, a nice feature for the hot days. The rooms are well appointed, the pools are beautiful with water falls, and the area by the beach is great as you can walk on a 3-mile beach. Breakfast is quite good and the bar is a good place to spend some time with a nice tapas menu. They have now opened an outside area with a fire pit which makes it nice for those sub 70's evenings!
The hotel is almost equal distance from the North Shore as it is from the other end of the island and less than 10 minutes from the airport. I left the hotel at 8:15pm for a 9:30pm flight and had all kinds of time to spare.
I think it is a good place to stay if you are looking for a nice but not spendy hotel and when they finish with all the construction and painting it will be a very nice product. I'd go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI