The Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful resort and very close to the airport. We stayed here before on our Honeymoon when it was then The Outrigger, the resort was undergone remodeling since then. We arrived on a Friday evening at about 6:00PM. After a long day of traveling, we were very thankful that check in was fast. The front staff, Charlotte and Charlene(Names ?) were very friendly and helpful. We booked a lagoon view room bed and breakfast package, the lagoon views were sold out so they upgraded us to a pool view. IMO, either lagoon or pool views would have been equally nice. As you enter the lobby you are drawn to the pools that surround a lava rock grotto with waterfalls that spill into the pools and heated spas. There is a sand bottom pool that's perfect for small children and water slide pool towards the beach side of the resort. There is a another pool on the Time Share owners side of the complex too.
The rooms: I believe that every room has it's own lanai. The rooms are well maintained and clean. Our room had 2 double beds, desk, flat screen TV, safe and small refrigerator. Free WIFI is available in the lobby and pool area.
Amenities and dining: There is a spa, fitness room, gift shop, business center (charge), restaurants and bar/lounge with live music. The breakfast buffet was good with the usual breakfast offerings, fresh fruit, juices, etc... The food at Shutters Lounge was also very tasty. Note: the food in the lounge is served tapas style so do not expect big portions. Food served pool side offers sandwiches, burgers, etc... moderately priced but only served until 6:00PM. Again, the resort has everything you need on site so if you prefer other shopping and dining options you will need transportation as the closest alternatives are not close by walking. I think KBR has shuttle service. You will have to pay for parking per day.
If coming from the mainland, take advantage of the time difference before you adjust to the time change and enjoy the beautiful sunrise beach views. I would definately stay again and recommend a stay at the KBR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI