My husband, 9 year old daughter and myself loved our stay at the Kauai Beach Resort. It was actually in June 2010, and we are booked for another stay during Christmas this year 2011. It is a great value resort. All of the pool options were so much fun for our daughter. She went from the sand bottom pool, to the slide pool, to the waterfall pool. I have read on other reviews of other resorts where people say that "you don't really spend that much time at the pool when you're in paradise", but sometimes having the daughter happy in the pool while the husband and I lounge in "paradise" is the best part of the vacation, and this resort delivers. The room was a garden view room and it did overlook a dumpster and employee parking, but also a little ocean view. We have upgraded to an ocean view room for our next visit and would recommend finding out if your garden view room overlooks a dumpster and ask for a change. Room was clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast 2 times at the hotel and it was good. The only dinner we had there was at the pool grill and we loved it. Quesadillas, fresh fish sandwiches, Mai Tais, Kona Longboard on tap. All of the traveller photos on TA are pretty representative of the resort and mine look similar, so I didn't post mine. We didn't spend much time on the beach, which from what I read is not swimmable, but plan to hang out a little this next time and let our daughter explore a little. Poipu and Waimea Canyon is a possible day trip from the KBR, but I personally wouldn't want to go to the North Shore and have to drive back to KBR at night. We always split our stay on the north shore (Princeville) and south/east shore.
We're looking forward to our next stay at the KBR and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, and a ballroom. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelPower so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI