Don't let the proximity to Lihue Airport unfavorably influence your decision--in fact, we saw it as a real positive. After flights which originated in upstate New York (11+ hours of flight time), the last thing we wanted to do was spend up a lot of time driving to our hotel. After we picked up our rental car, we were checking in at the hotel within 15 minutes. We never heard any aircraft taking off or landing. The most noise we heard in the morning were the roosters crowing around 6:00 AM.
Rooms are extremely clean and the beds very comfortable. Furnishings are a little dated, at least in the room where we stayed. It might seem like a little thing, but the bathroom door was a sliding type and didn't quite offer the privacy factor that a hinged door does. The bathroom also did not have an exhaust fan.
If you request an Ocean View room, you will not have an unobstructed view of the ocean. There will be a pond, parking lot and other buildings between you and the ocean. One of the photographs below shows the view from the balcony of the room where we stayed (room 1332).
The hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. The concierge (Guest Services rep) appears to work for Expedia.com and wasn't really all that helpful for someone who can do their own research. An example of this is a helicopter tour. We wanted to do a "doors-off" flight and the concierge offered us the choice of only two companies. No flights were available on the days we wanted and the cost was $300+ per person. We did some checking on our own and found a helicopter tour company that scheduled us for the next day, cost less (~$250) and would fly with only two passengers instead of six.
The beach is very nice and was practically deserted while we were there. It's not the best for swimming due to rocks and sharp coral. Sunbathing, walking and collecting shells and coral are about all you can really do on this beach. Better beaches for swimming can be found further north.
The swimming pools (four, plus two hot tubs) were also very clean and well-maintained. The water slide is locked up promptly at 6:00 PM.
Specialty drinks at the tiki bar can be a little pricey. Mai Tai cocktails were $3 during happy hour, but drinks like a Funky Monkey were $12.
Wi-Fi access is free in the hotel lobby. If you need to print something like your airline boarding passes, the business center has two workstations with printers, but access is charged by the minute and it's not cheap. Printing boarding passes for three flights and paying baggage fees cost $11.83.
Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel. We would definitely stay here again on a return trip to Kauai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI