“I won't stay anywhere else, ever”
Review of Kauai Beach Resort

Kauai Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Gimli, Canada
“I won't stay anywhere else, ever”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was my second trip to Kauai and my stay at Kauai Beach Resort wasperfect! The entire property was clean and well maintained, the room large for one person, the staff
were so accomodating, the food wonderful, scenery was paradise, and management
were on-site and would do anything to make your stay comfortable. When I get here, it's
easy to leave everything behind me and just relax. I won't stay anywhere else when I make my yearly visit and I'm enticing my friends and family to come and stay awhile. All
you need is right here and they add more to the pleasure of being on "The Garden Isle"
Daria Fedyshyn-Manitoba, Canada

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ponderosagirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (701)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Ramon, California
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I felt the resort was well appointed, comfortable and relaxing. The restaurant was good, with good service. An excellent deal for the price. The self parking was far and you had to pay for it, but really that was my only complaint.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marmsmams
CT
Reviewed July 2, 2011

After a full-day of travel from the East coast, I was relieved by the less than five minute drive to KBR from the airport. The check-in process was quick and efficient and soon I was enjoying my 3rd floor room. The room, booked as Garden/Mountain view, still had a view of the ocean if you stood out on the balcony. The room was good-sized with a bed as comfortable as my own at home, and a clean bathroom. I did have some issues with the locking mechanism on the door, but in both instances, maintenance was quick to come and repair it. As a solo traveler, I was eager to get out and explore the island, so I really didn't use the pools or eat at the resort's restaurants. The beach, while too rough to swim at, was great for walking and for photographing some amazing sunrises. Located in Lihue, it made for easy drives to the North shore beaches, Poipu and Spouting Horn to the South, and Waimea Canyon to the West. I do wish that free self- parking was offered in the price of the resort, but overall it was a great stay, and I would recommend KBR to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at....The curbside luggage service was always excellent....Beautiful surroundings...right on a secluded beach with several pools,weekend live entertainment, and lots of lovely landscaping ....Great entrance with banyans trees surrounding it...

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront room with a balcony
Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank charlenegranse
Kahului,
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We usually stay at the Sheraton in Poipu when we're on Kauai, but due to an on-going renovation there we made reservations at the KBR instead for this trip.

I can't say anything very bad about the KBR. I didn't feel nickel-and-dimed to death, though I spent less because I was able to take advantage of a few available discounts, including free valet parking because of my disabled person parking placard.

The food served poolside was fine, and I have no complaints at all about the food at the Naupaka Terrace restaurant for either breakfast or dinner. Service at the restaurant would not set any records for speed.

Overall I found the staff attentive and competent, though the front desk staff does not seem to work very quickly, and they could have been more welcoming and friendly when we checked in.

Everything seem to be in good repair, the grounds are well-maintained, but the room was small, and both the bathroom and the balcony were VERY small, so I did feel a little cramped.

There was a daily competition for the few available umbrella-covered spots arond the pools - the resort could use more umbrellas, and some of them needed to be replaced. The guest laundry facilities are only adequate.

The pool area is open until 10 PM - very nice of them, but one night the noise from the carousing of one group in the pool area was problematic. I had the phone in my hand to call the front desk to complain when the 10 PM hour struck and the group simply went away.

Would we stay at the KBR again? Probably, but it likely wouldn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Be very clear about what you want.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LegendaryYeti
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We only stayed here one day in truth for the airport location. Our first disappointed was the Front Desk attitude when we asked if we could be upgraded to a nice view room to relax on lanai, being that we were only booked one night. The clerk's comment, "You're only here one night, that won't be possible!" Why not, they had lots of empty rooms and wouldn't only staying one night make an upgrade easier?! In our minds this was a perfect selling opportunity for their resort to obtain a RETURN customer!!! So she puts us in one of the WORSE rooms possible, smack over the entrance/check in area of the front desk building. So there was no way we could sit out on their TINY lanai (barely two chairs fit) to relax, unless of course we wanted to smell exhaust, ciggerette smoke and wave at everyone coming and going!!! My husband felt it was not worth the trouble of going back down to front desk to thank her for such a nice room.

On top of our greeting and lovely view, the a/c in the room did not cool, it hardly pushed any air flow from the ONE vent. At this point thank goodness we were only booked for one night$! On whole the rooms are clean, small, with basic necessities with just enough room in bathroom area. The decor is pleasant enough and does not appear to be showing any wear, although have an overall dark feeling as furniture is dark wood, only light coming into room is from lanai doors.

We did enjoy cheerful friendly waiter service at the Driftwood Bar & Grill located at the beautiful pools complex with view of ocean. Our Mai Tais were delicious and our fish & chips tasty. We walked toward the ocean for a stroll on the beach, which has rough waves and should not be entered. Unfortunately, I believe the hotel should send beach cleaning crews out to pick up all the empty plastic bottles, cans, paper, etc trash that makes their beach area unsightly and sad looking. It appears people have campfires or picnics and leave their trash on the beach! Even though it's probably not the hotels responsibility, they must realize their guests book there to enjoy strolls on their beach access.

The resort has many buildings, the grounds are not as pretty as many others on Kauai. Their main building has pleasant layout with large relaxed lobby, restaurant, bar, gift shop, guest business center room to print out your boarding passes for fee and clean bathroom. Their valet staff was fast and friendly, giving us directions how to find listed locations while taking our luggage up to room.

Room Tip: Book view you want not accommodating!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tredpositive
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We loved our stay at Kauai Beach Resort in Lihue! It was centrally located on the East Shore and the beach at the hotel, although non-swimmable, was gorgeous! My husband and I made the short walk to the beach every morning and morning and evening.

The restaurant has a terrific salad bar and the Lava Flow coctail was especially delicious! I highly recommend this drink.

We swam in one of the five pools every evening for a relaxing end to every adventurous day we had here. This island is absolutely gorgeous from every angle! The front desk offers beach towels for the pool or beaches which was very helpful.

Kauai Beach Resort is a great value, very clean and comfortable rooms and an extremely short distance to the ocean. We were upgraded to a water view room which included a view of the pools and ocean.

If you want a solid place to stay without paying a huge amount every night, this is your place! I did alot of research before honeymooning in Kauai and this met our expectations. We will be staying at this resort when we go back for our next vacation here.

Room Tip: We got an automatic upgrade due to Honeymoon!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Museick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Shores Hotel
#5 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Kauai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!