We had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at this resort in May 2011. Since we were island hopping, we unfortunately only stayed here 5 nights….this was a travesty on our part! This was our first time on Kauai, so we thought it to be criminal not to explore the island…which we did (every inch of it). However, we missed out on the amenities of this wonderful resort. Looking back, I would have stayed an extra two nights here to have relaxation days and not leave this property. We had a bottom floor pool view room. Off of our patio, it took 10 steps to the waterfall pool. We relaxed by the pool only about 4 hours on this trip, but we came home nightly to sit on the patio and enjoy either the ukulele player’s music or enjoy the beautiful weather listening to the waterfall while finishing a good book or catch up on our travel blog.
Our spacious room had updated and tasteful décor with ample space for our clothing and was impeccably clean. Since we were gone pretty much sunrise-sunset, we did not eat at the resort to comment on the food or service here. The two pools and Jacuzzi were a dream for me…mainly because they weren’t crowded anytime we saw them (don’t need to wake early for a lounger). A very nice perk of this resort (one of only 2-3 resorts in Kauai) is free airport shuttle. We had a rental, but got to shave off one day rental fee by dropping the car off at 10pm the night before we were departing and then catching a ride back to the hotel with the free airport shuttle (and of course catching the shuttle to the airport the next afternoon to hop to a different island). We didn’t have plans the day we were flying out and didn’t need the car so this helped save a little money (rental car fee and hotel parking fee). It only took about 20 minutes to drop the car off and get back to the hotel.
I have only 1.5 complaints with this resort. The beach is not a swimmable beach, so I wouldn’t recommend this property if your desires are to lounge on the beach. For us, this didn’t make any difference because we wanted to explore other beach parks or “hidden gems” anyhow. We personally had a bad experience with young, drunk, local teenagers banging on doors and running up and down the hallway of our building at 2am, which made for a very unpleasant experience. We first asked them politely to leave. 20 minutes later, they continued and then proceeded to call us “haole’s” and told us to go back where we came from. I know this could have occurred at any resort and don’t fault the resort for this, but it was unpleasant nonetheless.
Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. The location was fantastic to be a base to explore the entire island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. Guests enjoy stylish accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambiance. In a convenient location close to the airport, shopping, and championship golf, the hotel also offers FREE airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, a lounge, entertainment, 4 pool areas, a 75-foot lava tube water slide, a 24/7 fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms, a ballroom, and parking is a $25/daily fee. A daily resort fee includes WiFi internet access, and more. Experience the best in island hospitality and charm of Hawaii when staying at the Kauai Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI