“Great find!”

The Fish Express
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hawaiian plate lunches Ginger fried chicken and shrimp. Fresh fish lunches between 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fresh and frozen full service counter. We pride ourselves as being one of very few on Kauai serving fresh Hawaiian fish. Specialty Poke Bowl Stop. Poke bowls with self service poke bowl toppings bar.
Atlanta
“Great find!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is not technically a restaurant since there is no place to eat there but it's worth eating on the curb (like I saw one customer doing) if necessary. We ate here twice during our week on Kauai---and we stayed in Poipu not Lihue!
Full of locals and with a small parking lot, you may have to search this out (tho' it's on the main highway) but it's so worth it. Try the Spicy Ahi Tuna Bowl, the poke, or some of the best sashimi on the island. All at very reasonable prices, too.
The staff is very nice and welcoming whether you are a tourist or a kama'aina.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Mission, Kansas
“Food was awesome!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great food and selection. We good the blacken Ahi and it was one of the best meals we had on the island

• Visited May 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Go before 3pm to get choices”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was really pumped by the reviews, on my arrival into Lihue. I stopped there after 3pm and was very disappointed with the lack of selection. That is not their fault, as they advertise their times.
I was too tired from many hours of travel to go somewhere else, so I ended up choosing the pork to take back to my inn, and it just did not satisfy my craving for some good local fish.

• Visited April 2014
Aurora, Illinois
“THE BEST FRESH POKE & GRILL”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A friend told us about this place that they had found years ago and told us we had to eat here. We stopped here about 4 times out of the 7 days we were there. Their Macadamia encrusted Ahi was scrumptious. You can't go wrong with anything really from the grill. Their Poke(Hawaiian sushi) is very fresh. Prices are very reasonable. Only problem with the place is small parking lot, take out only, and they close the grill early in the afternoon. Around 3pm when we were there. Look for it near the Walmart on the opposite side of the street. Blue building. Your taste buds will never forgive you if you pass them by!

Visited April 2014
El Dorado Hills, California
“Fresh!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Popular spot to pick up some fresh fish or bento lunch. This time we each had one of the bento lunches..tasty and pretty inexpensive. I think all the lunch items are under $10. I had their poke last time and the fish tasted very fresh with just the right amount of seasonings…very good! Their staff was friendly and very helpful. It can get pretty busy and they close early but definitely one of my favorite stops when I’m in the area (or across the street at Walmart).

Visited March 2014