“Delicious, delicious, delicious”

The Fish Express
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Asian, Hawaiian
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Hawaiian plate lunches Ginger fried chicken and shrimp. Fresh fish lunches between 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fresh and frozen full service counter. We pride ourselves as being one of very few on Kauai serving fresh Hawaiian fish. Specialty Poke Bowl Stop. Poke bowls with self service poke bowl toppings bar.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the lunch place that locals eat at. Great variety of pokey; great selection of fresh fish cooked in a variety of ways. We hit this up twice because it was so good. Definitely a great place for fresh fish at a very reasonable price!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Off the plane, got our car, checked Tip Top Café (it was closed) so we headed straight for the Fish Express for a delicious late lunch. We had the sesame seed encrusted ono salad and an ahi plate lunch. Both had superior fish, great sides of brown rice and mac salad (made with spaghetti) and enough salad greens for another meal (excellent ginger dressing too!) The portions of fish were large as well as tasty!
We simply parked and ate in our car, that's how hungry we were.
Had some ling hui treats for dessert. Will try their poke next time we visit. Would recommend to friends and family.
REMINDER: kitchen closes at 3 pm for specials......only a couple of "ready made" items available after that.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the best take out seafood we have ever had. Fast, fresh, and cheap. One serving feed two people. A must place to eat. I had the macadamia crusted ahi. With dill sauce, trust me I licked. The to go box clean..... just go there, you'll find it great.

1  Thank Roadwarriors2
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stumbled across Fish Express on our way from WalMart, stocking up on "essentials". We noticed a lot of locals coming and going from Fish Express so thought "it must be good" let's give it a try. I ordered the Furikake Encrusted Ahi and it turned out to be one of the best meals of my trip - on par with food I paid 4x more for. Also the Hawaiian Power Bar (SPAM Musubi) was really good. The only downside is that there is nowhere to sit and eat, though one of the guys working there directed us to a nearby park.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We finally stopped on our last day in Kauai and I'm bummed because I would have eaten here every day if I could. The plate lunch is $10 and comes with potato pasta salad (yummy & creamy), brown or white rice & fresh fish. We had katsu mahi mahi with wasabe cream and it just melted in your mouth. It was that good. But the star of the show is their poke and I wanted to bring 10 pounds home with me to eat every day. I had the inohome poke which is ahi with green onions and had some crunchy seaweed that was magically. I don't know how to explain that it was that good but it was definitely the BEST THING I ATE in Kauai. DON'T MISS THIS PLACE! This is a fish market so don't plan on having a sit down meal as their are no tables...but we took it to the beach and enjoyed it that much more!