“Great Poke, sorry we missed the hot plates”
Review of The Fish Express

The Fish Express
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Asian, Hawaiian
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Hawaiian plate lunches Ginger fried chicken and shrimp. Fresh fish lunches between 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Fresh and frozen full service counter. We pride ourselves as being one of very few on Kauai serving fresh Hawaiian fish. Specialty Poke Bowl Stop. Poke bowls with self service poke bowl toppings bar.
Colorado
“Great Poke, sorry we missed the hot plates”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It is not a restaurant, it is a take-away only.

We picked up poke for take-away a couple of times while staying in Kapaa this past Feb. Everything we got there was extremely good. The hot plate "specials" on the chalkboard looked very interesting and appetizing. Unfortunately, the kitchen closes at around 2:00 and both of our stops there were mid to late afternoon so they were no longer available. If I were you (or if I am on Kauai again) I would try to get there early and try one of these specials. The fish they sell there looked fabulously fresh so I can only imagine their meals are pretty darned good. We were not in the mood to cook our own meals this vacation so we didn't buy any of the fish, so I can't comment on it's flavour quality but it was some of the nicest looking fish I saw for sale anywhere. As far as the poke, it takes a very close second to Pono Market, and the staff here was also very friendly and willing to explain the various dishes and provide us each with a small sample to help us with our selection. It is definitely worth a stop. One side note, we got some "potato salad" here; it looked very interesting and different--looked like it was made with shredded potatoes instead of chunks like they make it here on the mainland. We were very surprised when we discovered it was NOODLES with a few potato chunks mixed in...obviously a Hawaiian thing, certainly not what we'd call "potato" salad (but it was good!)

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Boston, MA
“good fish”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

They have a nice selection of Poke here and we also bought swordfish and tuna and grilled it and it was great. Definitely recommend.

Visited April 2013
Glendora
“Freshest fish on the island”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Here is your first stop from the airport. Directly across from Walmart, pickup all your fresh fish, plate lunches and the best spam masubi on the island. They carry several kinds of poki including Korean, Hawaiian, Tako and many more. The seafood salad is great and you can't go wrong with any of the daily specials. One stop shop!! Yummmm~!! You need to know this is a take out, sit in your car and eat or take to the beach restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
West Coast USA
“Yum”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We arrived in Kauai and had to wait for others in our party and our room to be ready. Fish Express was easy to find, my daughter and I had the macadamian crusted fish plate , she had the salad as a side I had the potato salad( which is macaroni salad) We both really liked our, though I'd get salad next time. Rice was yummy. Husband had fish tacos, he said he wouldn't get them again. As other's have said it is take out so we drove a few blocks behind it and ate there, park was just a place to eat, nothing nice about it. The fish there was way better than the entree I had at Kalapaki Joe's later in our trip. Better in flavor and portion size. I'd go back again.

Visited March 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Fish”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Take out only, but really good. We had.fish tacos and grilled Ono. Both were terrific. Additionally, the fresh fish to purchase looked terrific. Would definitely visit again!

• Visited March 2013