“Amazing views and doors off!!”

Mauna Loa Helicopters Tours
Ranked #3 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Private Kauai Tours with Mauna Loa Helicopters. NO strangers, no bad seats and we never cancel because the helicopter is not full like all other operators. Your reservation is yours and so is the helicopter! Each passenger chooses the seat they want and whether or not the door is on or off. Your Kauai helicopter tour will be that once-in-a-lifetime experience you will cherish forever and we don't think it is something most want to share with chatty strangers or looking over someones shoulder. PRICE is less than any "first class" seats on other operators and about the same as the discount operators because we don't stick you with tax, fuel surcharges, or airport access fees. Compare and you will find we are the best value and private is the only way to go. Visit any of our review sites and listen to our customers, they tell our story better than we every can. Mahalo and welcome to our paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I chose Mauna Loa after a careful consideration of many helicopter firms. I am sure there are other great options, but for us the private tour (all window 3 seats + pilot) and the possibility of flying with the doors off (great for pictures and extra adrenalin) were the decisive reasons to choose this company. In addition to that, the pilot and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved the views and the experience! Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

What a great tour. My wife and I did the doors off tour and it was worth it. The key is that the tour was just myself, my wife and the pilot. No concerns about getting bad seat as could happen with the larger aircraft. Our pilot Andrew was extremely entertaining and offered great insight as well as a smooth flight. The views were spectacular. There is really no other way to see the interior of the island than through a helicopter tour and this one was excellent.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Mauna Loa came recommended and after our flight I know we'll recommend it too. The information about the sights was great. Our pilot made the trip fun with many maneuvers and opportunities to take photos. Take the doors off for a better trip!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The doors off tour is breathtaking! Did the tour early in our trip - it was a great overall view of the island and a great view of the beauty around us.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We looked through a number of helicopter companies and decided on Mauna Loa. My wife and I chose this company because we wanted a doors off tour as it allows us to take better pictures (with no reflection off the glass) and a better experience of the elements (although you are not supposed to stick any of your body parts out of the windows). Whilst a few other companies also offer similar doors off tour, we are guaranteed a private journey for Mauna Loa and that’s a plus since we don’t have to share with anyone else. And my wife and I both got a windows seat and the experience was simply amazing. Kauai really offers beautiful scenery ranging from lush rainforest, canyons, and the part where we hover in the crater with waterfalls all around us was breathtaking and you can only experience all that with a helicopter way – it’s not cheap and we have been in helicopter tours before and this ranks high in our list.