“Excellent”

230 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I like helicopter tours and lost count on how many times I had them (New York, Rio De Janeiro, Iguasu falls, Bora Bora,....), but this time it was completely different!!! It was a helicopter tour just for me and my son for the price you normally pay for just two seats on a crowded helicopter tour. We had an open door experience (just on my side) which was kind of scary at the start, but then it was great (especially for taking photos), the pilot was great and told us a lot about the island. This was absolutely THE BEST helicopter experience I ever had!!!

Ithaca
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful doors off helicopter ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I did a lot of research on all of the helicopter tours before choosing Mauna Loa and it was the right decision. By offering private tours, the experience was intimate and there was no fear of being crammed in the back of the helicopter with a limited view and sitting between two strangers. We chose the doors off and it is the best option. We were all a little nervous (there were 3 of us) but once you overcome the initial fear and relax, it was amazing. Fabrizio was our pilot and he is extremely knowledgeable (he was a pilot instructor on the Big Island for 4 years previously) and we felt very safe on the trip. Kauai is by far the most beautiful of the Hawaiian Islands, and a helicopter ride is the only way to fully appreciate the beauty of this still under-developed island. It is an awe-inspiring ride that you won't want to miss! Put a Mauna Loa helicopter ride at the top of your "things to do on Kauai" list. You won't regret it. It is an unimaginable breath-taking experience and after it's over, you can't wipe the smile off your face!

North Bellmore, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must do this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just came back from our trip in Kauai (August 2013). We had an incredible experience with Mauna Loa Helicopters. The views of this island cannot be totally appreciated unless you take a helicopter tour, and this company did a great job. Our pilot, Fabrizio, told us some history of the island and told us exactly what we were going to see next so that we would be ready with our camera. I loved the fact that it was a private tour; my husband and I enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Mauna Loa Helicopters!!!

Wooster, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We flew with Mauna Loa Helicopters in Lihu'i, Kauai on June 7. It was an absolutely amazing experience. I have never been on a helicopter before and was really nervous. The pilot seemed totally confident which put me at ease. We even flew with the doors off. I loved that we did not have to fight for a view over other passengers and our views were unobstructed by windows.

There was some fog the day we went so our pictures were not as great as I had hoped, but it was rare that it was not raining some where on the island everyday we were there. I was a little bummed that our inflight video was not included in the upfront price as I thought it was, but I must have not read the information correctly.

I would fly with company if we ever go back to Kauai.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Most incredible experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent days agonizing over which tour company to use. We ultimately decided to go with Mauna Loa because we didn't want to share the helicopter with others or risk getting stuck in the middle away from a window. We are so happy with our decision. It was a little pricier than other companies, but for us it was worth it. We really loved having the helicopter to ourselves and since we did doors off, we both had amazing views the entire flight. Our pilot, Chase, was amazing. His narration was great, just the right amount of talking. He was happy to answer our questions and he was obviously a skilled pilot, maneuvering in and out of valleys and craters so we could have the best views. The sights were unreal. It was one of the most amazing travel experiences of my life. Kauai is quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth, and most of the island is only visible by air. This is a must do while you're on the island. The office staff was very friendly as well.