“Fantastic, it was the highlight of our trip.”

Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Ranked #3 of 35 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kauai’s most beautiful geographical wonders are inaccessible by roads or trails, and can only be viewed from the air! Discover the awe-inspiring beauty of this hidden paradise in comfort and style. All flights feature removable doors for any of our individual passengers. Our private helicopter tours of Kauai are for 1-3 people, guaranteeing that each passenger has a window seat. Don't share your helicopter experience in Kauai with anyone but your own special friends. Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours "The Private Helicopter Tour Company"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Flying with the doors off was terrific. I was never scared partly due to the confidence in our pilot, Pete. I would definitely recommend going 2-3 people only at a time. Can't miss anything because of someone else's head. It was windy & cool but I had been forewarned so was very comfortable with jacket & long pants. This company is so accommodating. Save yourself some money & not book through cruise ship. Call them directly & book.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

WOW! We had a great time and have been talking about it ever since. The views were breathtaking and the flight professional and flawless. We very highly recommend the private tour and the extended, Waterfall Tour, as the up close and personal aspect of your own trip is worth every dollar. With the doors off, the photo opportunities were the best and we definitely do it again. You will not be disappointed. Beautiful trip! Terry and Patty Z

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We elected for the 85 minute, doors-off tour. It was spectacular!! The pilot was very knowledgeable and provided a great narrative (with music in background when he wasn't speaking) of what we were seeing. We wore jackets to keep from getting too cold. The views were so fantastic that it will bring tears to your eyes. The flight was smooth, and as they only take 2-3 max, you are guaranteed a window seat. It is worth every penny. They are easy to find, right at the airport. We haven't purchased the dvd yet, so I can't comment on that, but we likely will. We took a gopro strapped to my husband's chest, as well as two camerals, so we have tons of memories to take along home with us. If you are going to splurge on something and money is tight, THIS is the thing to splurge on. It gives you the most comprehensive view of the island and makes you appreciate how beautiful and largely untouched it is. I hope it remains as protected as many parts of it is are now. Although I know some hate the nuisance of the helicopters flying overhead, truly, this allows a view of its beauty without having people trample all over it.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everyone we dealt with was wonderful! Our pilot, Chris, was great and vey informative. We did the two person tour with the doors off. What an experience! The views were amazing. I highly recommend Mauna Loa. The tour was worth every penny.....you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I knew we wanted to do an aerial tour of Kauai, and after exploring the different companies and options, Mauna Loa was the best choice by far. They offer helicopter tours, which would enable us to see more as they can fly lower into the canyons and right up to the waterfalls. It was also important to my husband and I to both have window seats, as we are both big photographers. In Mauna Loa's helicopters, every seat is a window seat!

We also chose the doors off option, which I highly recommend not only to get better views, but for better photographs. But remember, it does get very cold and windy with the doors off, so dress accordingly and tie long hair back!

Though it cost more per person than other helicopter tours, it was worth it for the private tour of the island. The staff were very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The helicopter tour was the highlight of our trip!