“wonderful views”

Mauna Loa Helicopters Tours
Ranked #3 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Private Kauai Tours with Mauna Loa Helicopters. NO strangers, no bad seats and we never cancel because the helicopter is not full like all other operators. Your reservation is yours and so is the helicopter! Each passenger chooses the seat they want and whether or not the door is on or off.

Your Kauai helicopter tour will be that once-in-a-lifetime experience you will cherish forever and we don't think it is something most want to share with chatty strangers or looking over someones shoulder.   PRICE is less than any "first class" seats on other operators and about the same as the discount operators because we don't stick you with tax, fuel surcharges, or airport access fees. Compare and you will find we are the best value and private is the only way to go.

Visit any of our review sites and listen to our customers, they tell our story better than we every can.

Mahalo and welcome to our paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We elected for the 85 minute, doors-off tour. It was spectacular!! The pilot was very knowledgeable and provided a great narrative (with music in background when he wasn't speaking) of what we were seeing. We wore jackets to keep from getting too cold. The views were so fantastic that it will bring tears to your eyes. The flight was smooth, and as they only take 2-3 max, you are guaranteed a window seat. It is worth every penny. They are easy to find, right at the airport. We haven't purchased the dvd yet, so I can't comment on that, but we likely will. We took a gopro strapped to my husband's chest, as well as two camerals, so we have tons of memories to take along home with us. If you are going to splurge on something and money is tight, THIS is the thing to splurge on. It gives you the most comprehensive view of the island and makes you appreciate how beautiful and largely untouched it is. I hope it remains as protected as many parts of it is are now. Although I know some hate the nuisance of the helicopters flying overhead, truly, this allows a view of its beauty without having people trample all over it.

There are newer reviews for Mauna Loa Helicopters Tours

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everyone we dealt with was wonderful! Our pilot, Chris, was great and vey informative. We did the two person tour with the doors off. What an experience! The views were amazing. I highly recommend Mauna Loa. The tour was worth every penny.....you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I knew we wanted to do an aerial tour of Kauai, and after exploring the different companies and options, Mauna Loa was the best choice by far. They offer helicopter tours, which would enable us to see more as they can fly lower into the canyons and right up to the waterfalls. It was also important to my husband and I to both have window seats, as we are both big photographers. In Mauna Loa's helicopters, every seat is a window seat!

We also chose the doors off option, which I highly recommend not only to get better views, but for better photographs. But remember, it does get very cold and windy with the doors off, so dress accordingly and tie long hair back!

Though it cost more per person than other helicopter tours, it was worth it for the private tour of the island. The staff were very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The helicopter tour was the highlight of our trip!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our trip with Pete on April 10 was so awesome. It was an experience we will never forget. Pete was a wonderful pilot and knowledgeable about all the locations on the island. We took the longer trip with doors off and I highly recommend both choices. Everyone we dealt with at Mauna Loa was helpful and friendly. We also like to story about how it came into existence. We would not choose any other tour on Kauai. Mauna Loa is the way to fly!

1  Thank Shirley H
Reviewed April 2, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews of this company on TripAdvisor it was an easy decision to book with these guys. The staff were super professional, courteous, and accommodating. I called same day and was able to reserve a flight time that morning for me and my husband - the weather was on our side as well. Kevin in the office was great.

Pete our pilot was terrific - very knowledgeable and took us really close to all the waterfalls and inside the various valleys for some awesome pics. I was really nervous having never been in a helicopter before and I loved it. Pete did a great job of keeping the ride nice and smooth. I'm not big on heights but it was so worth it!

There is no other way to see the island up close and personal like this. Breath taking views and a super smooth ride. We did doors off which was very windy in the back for my husband (I sat up front next to the pilot) - but again, made for some incredible shots.

A must do on Kauai!