“Great helicopter tour”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great helicopter tour”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I loved everything, the professionalism, the warmth, of course the views. This company is definitely worth flying with. I went with them even though they were not listed in "the ultimate Kauai guidebook" due to the trip advisor recommendation. I assumed they were a new company but Daniella told me they have been in business for ten years but can't get the book to review them. So if you are using the book I hope that puts a bug in your ear. Bottom line GO WITH THEM FOR A GREAT TRIP!!!

Visited August 2011

Houston, Texas
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Doors off for AMAZING thrill & photography”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

It was a picture perfect day highlighted with a Mauna Loa helicopter ride of a lifetime. Total professionalism and unforgettable views of the canyon, the waterfalls, the coast and the vast green-covered island; this is the way to top off your trip to Kauai.

Visited August 2011
Cave Creek
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply breathtaking!”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This trip to Kauai was a first for my wife and I who travel abroad frequently. We thought that exploring the Na Pali coast by boat would be hard to beat. Relaxing on Ke'e, Tunnels, Lumahai, Shipwreck, and Barking Sands beaches were all fantastic, and playing golf was delightful. But the ultimate thrill and unforgettable experience was a private helicopter doors off tour with our Mauna Loa pilot, Mark, aboard the Robinson R44. With safety a priority, Mark guided us on a breathtaking adventure of the entire island, an up close and personal eye-popping excursion of the most spectacular and rugged, yet serenely gorgeous parts of this garden isle.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Mark S
Dusseldorf, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth every Penny”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

If you go to Hawaii, go to Kauai! If you go to Kauai, do a Helicopter tour! If you do a helicopter tour, do it with Mauna Loa Helicopters!

The other reviews all tell the truth and not much more has to be written about it. It was absolutely awesome!

If you are worried about safety, these are the guys to go with. They originate from a helicopter flying school and many tour pilots flying for the other companies have been trained by Mauna Loa. So they really know what they are doing. And they do not only simply tell that safety is first, they actually live it: They took the safety briefing seriously and after we have boarded the helicopter and our pilot Adam started the engine he noticed that something just didn't sound right. So he took the decision good pilots take and cancelled the flight to let a mechanic examine the engine and test fly the aircraft. Of course we were disappointed but these things can happen. Fortunately, we had some days left on the island and we got re-booked for a flight three days later. Daniela, a native German and pilot herself (and happy to talk in her mother tongue again) checked the weather forecast for the best day to give it another try. She was perfectly right! Everybody really does his and her best to make you feel comfortable and appreciated.

Three days later we finally took our flight and everything worked out perfectly. The flight itself was a once-in-a-lifetime-experience. And I have already seen beautiful places - also from bird's-eye view. But nothing compares to Kauai seen from the helicopter. So do it on a private tour with Mauna Loa. If you book as a couple it's only the two of you and the pilot. And it is not that much more expensive than the flights where there is you, your partner, the pilot and four other person cramped into one aircraft.

A big MAHALO for the Mauna Loa Helicopters team and all the other reviewers that have made it easy for me to take the right decision: To book with them!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Kai81
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Blessed to have experienced!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

What a delight. This was my husband's and my first time on a helicopter ride and we decided to go doors off. It was totally worth it. We loved that we were the only ones aboard, besides the awesome pilot Adam, which made taking pictures and video a breeze. (Taking pictures was very important to us which is why we chose no doors - no glare that way. Adam made sure to turn the heli around a few times so both my husband and I could get good shots!) Kauai is such a beautiful island with majestic views and landscapes anyhow but taking it all in from the air along with the music playing through our headphones led to quite a breathtaking experience. My husband had sticker shock when I told him which helicopter company I really wanted to go with after many many hours of research - but after a quick run down of all the perks of a private flight he decided it was worth the try and he still thinks it was the best money we spent on the whole vacation. DO IT! You will not be disappointed. Everyone we came into contact with through this company was polite, helpful, friendly, courteous and genuinely wanted you to have the best experience as possible. Booking was uncomplicated. Signing in was a breeze. I can't say enough good things. I don't know what would have happened had we gone through another company but honestly I CAN say that after reading some of those other reviews I'm glad we went with Mauna Loa. No regrets. God truly blessed us and our journey. His handiwork is something to be praised - and from 4000 feet up, rainbows greeting us all along, waterfalls cascading, stone etched in ridges too intricate for words, aqua blue waters, green and red lands all led to one worship-ful Sunday morning in Kauai - thanks to Mauna Loa Helicopters!

Visited May 2011