“ONLY FLY WITH MAUNA LOA!”

Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kauai’s most beautiful geographical wonders are inaccessible by roads or trails, and can only be viewed from the air! Discover the awe-inspiring beauty of this hidden paradise in comfort and style. All flights feature removable doors for any of our individual passengers. Our private helicopter tours of Kauai are for 1-3 people, guaranteeing that each passenger has a window seat. Don't share your helicopter experience in Kauai with anyone but your own special friends. Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours "The Private Helicopter Tour Company"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 5, 2011

There are quite a few helicopter tour companies so we were torn as to whom to pick. We are so pleased that we went with Mauna Loa. They are extremely professional, and all passengers are guaranteed window seats, which I don't think anyone else does. That alone should seal the deal.

Our pilot, Adam, was very conscientious and personable. We had a great tour with him and he was more than happy to accomodate special requests so that we could get the best pictures. He wasn't in a hurry at all. In fact, Adam is an instructor, so again, why go anywhere else?

We truly enjoyed our tour and cannot compliment Mauna Loa enough. Unfortunately, helicopter tours are somewhat pricey, but there is no other way to see all of Kauai, than from the air, and these folks are the best in the business in our opinion.

Thanks to all of you, especially Adam, from a truly unique and memorable experience.

Date of experience: April 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,678)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"great pilot"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Since it was our first experience flying in a helicopter tour, we choose the tour company with care. We chose Mauna Loa because their private tours allowed our three passengers a window seat. Their service was exceptional from the first inquiry call to their office to the actual flight. The views were unbelievable with beautiful waterfalls surrounding us. Since the weather was not very cooperative during our stay in Kauai and therefore we were not able to fly to the Napali Coast. However we were informed of this before take off and given the choice to re-book as the pilot did not want to jeopardize our safetly. We opted to take the tour regardless of our inability to see the Napali coast and our pilot did not disappoint us as he flew over so many other gorgeous places on the Island.
Overall, our tour was an incredibly memorable experience and we would highly recommend Mauna Loa Helicopters.

Date of experience: March 2011
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I took went on this tour in April 2011 and it was one of the most breathtaking tours we have been on. Our pilot was fantastic, very friendly and knowledgeable. He made us feel at ease and safe and gave us lots of facts about the island during the whole of the tour. The scenery from the air was fantastic, I still can’t believe how beautiful Kauai is – I wish I had the view of that island from my back garden!
The thing I loved about Mauna Loa Helicopters was the exclusivity that we had – guaranteed window seats and privacy – no having to share with other people and being squashed into a small space!
The helicopter also gave us close-up views of the fantastic NaPali coast as it had the ability to get nearer to the mountains/coast due to its smaller size and manoeuvrability (whereas other tour companies use larger helicopters and cannot get as close).
We were in the air for over an hour – which was great as the tour we booked was for 1 hour only!
I fully recommend this helicopter tour, our pilot was fantastic and it is the only best way to see the whole island from the air. Top marks Mauna Loa!

Reviewed April 27, 2011

The island of Kauai must be seen from the air. Mauna Loa Helicopters offer an off-door flight which was exhilarating. Having already flown several times in a helicopter both in Australia and in America, I was looking for a different experience. I did a bit of research on seating options and made a few phonecalls once we arrived in Kauai. Mauna Loa Helicopters was happy to take just the two of us. The price was virtually the same as other competitors and we didn't have to share with other passengers and neither of us missed out on a window seat. Kauai is a spectacular island, with many variances. You get a full hour and see so much of the island that you couldn't possibly see via land transport. Even though parts of the flight were a bit scary due to the off-door factor, I felt totally safe and confident in the pilot. He was very professional. A thoroughly worthwhile and memorable flight.

Date of experience: March 2011