“Captive audience prices, but other than that ok”

Naupaka Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naupaka Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the Kauai Beach Resort
Portland, OR
“Captive audience prices, but other than that ok”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

As is our habit we usually hit the hotel restaurant on our 1st night, and this trip was no exception. Service was good (prompt, entertaining, funny), food was pretty fair (exception - giant cupcake for dessert was fantastic - split 3 ways, 3 thumbs up). Prices are consistent with "captive audience" you get at resort hotels (20 - 30% higher). Good for 1st night, but not good enough value for a 2nd.

• Visited December 2012

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Awesome service & food”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff at the Naupaka Terrace Restaurant was very friendly. They made sure our beverages was filled & they kept checking on us if we needed anything else. The food was awesome. We had the breakfast buffet & the seafood buffet there & it filled us up.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food; just very expensive”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Buffet breakfast had everything; but always opened late. Almost everything cost as much as the buffet. Good food; we were just always in a hurry, and they weren't.

Dinners -- They had a good selection; we only ate there a couple times, so we didn't run out of things. Service a little slow, but there were always phenomenal sunsets, so who wanted fast.

The common situation in Hawaii of restaurants open to the outside bothered me a little. Always wondered how clean our stuff was since I could see birds flying in and sitting on the empty tables.

Visited November 2012
Bardstown, KY
“Bad idea.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I wanted a nice meal after a long day of exploring and hiking. We both ordered a plate and he had 2 beers. Our total was approximately $70. I ordered ravioli, and received 3 over-sized ravioli. On a normal day that probably would have been fine, but I was hungry and really didn't feel much different after I ate than before (except that my purse was lighter). For $22 I expect more than 3 bland ravioli, but presentation was good. The ravioli looked great, they just didn't have much taste.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver
“I wouldn't eat here again”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I chose to eat here because we were staying nearby and were looking for a decent meal. Our server was awkward and unprofessional. Our "seared ahi" appetizer tasted like the fish was fried in butane. The ravioli was luke warm and fairly bland. All of this added up to a $100 dollar meal with a couple of sub-par drinks in the mix. I would not reccomend this experience to anyone. There are many better picks in the area - look around.

• Visited November 2012