“Great food, mediocre service, nice atmosphere”
Review of Sushi Bushido

Sushi Bushido
Ranked #89 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Sushi was great, a little expensive, but I think everything on the islands is, my husband got a $23 dinner plate that he was expecting to be a little bigger with 5 peices of shashimi and a small 6 piece california roll. I ordered the Bushido Rainbow Roll-delicious! My cocktail was $9 and had what tatsted like a drop of alcohol in it. Our waiter was young and seemed like he couldn't wait to get off work, no smile and lack of friendliness ended up costing him a decent tip. Careful-this is one of those places that "sneaks" wasabi in between the sushi and the rice! As a wasabi loather- I always check :)

There are newer reviews for Sushi Bushido

Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is a fantastic sushi restaurant. Service was fantastic, food was really, really good.

We started with the sashimi plate, which was delicious, and every roll we ordered was very tasty. They have some unique rolls as well. Very worth the drive from Princeville!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Good. Everything was good and I would go back. Four people without drinks for about $80. Fish was fresh and the service was quick and attentive. Kind of a modern atmosphere opposed to a traditional sushi bar.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

This restaurant is awful! When I first arrived, the chef behind the counter was exremely friendly. He told me that for an extra $4, I could get shrimp tempura with my meal. Considering shrimp tempura back home is about $8 or $9 I thought $4 for shrimp tempura was a great deal! That turned out not to be the case!! When my bill came, I discovered that I was being charged $17.95 for the shrimp tempura! Are you kidding me? Apparently, I misunderstood (or did I?)? The shrimp tempura was actually $4 off the menu price? So they're actually charging $21.95 for shrimp tempura? Seriously? It didn't even have tempura batter. It was just regular batter. What a rip off!! I totally felt like I got hosed. 5 pieces of shrimp shouldn't be that expensive considering Kapaa (where the restaurant is located) is right by the ocean! Shrimp isn't even that expensive in Canada! When I asked the person behind the counter (who recommended the deal) if that was the correct price, he said "probably not" but after investigating, he came back to sheepishly say, "that is correct". I paid my bill and left and when I said "thanks", the guy behind the counter didn't even look up. The food was less than great on top of it. They charge a significant price for the teriyaki chicken but don't even serve chicken breast. And the number of flies in the restaurant is disgusting! They charge a premium price but that also comes with a swarm of flies around your head! Disgusting! Avoid this restaurant!

3  Thank Globetraveler74
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Usually I eat at Genki Sushi to get my basic sushi fix and for special occasions I find myself going to Kintaros with friends. Someone suggested to try this place. It is a little bit more pricer rolls than Kintaros but it is definitely better tasting, more creative, huge menu selection and fresh fish. The service was great too. The waitress was very attentive and provided great service. Must try rolls: Golden Roll (if you've eaten Kintaro's Hanalei Roll and thought that was good, it is not good until you actually try this roll...better flavors and not oily) Butter Me Up Roll (great tasting, didn't even need shoyu) and the Bushido Rainbow Roll (basic rainbow roll). I also had the soba salad which was absolutely huge and had fresh greens and a good mix of grilled teri chicken, soba noodles and deep fried won ton strips. I wish I had more room to sample more goodies from there, but I will definitely be back! They offer a fried ice cream called the "Hana Hou" which can be made from vanilla, chocolate or green tea ice cream. Too bad they were all out when I made my first visit there. I was very surprised to not find more locals there. I guess they would rather go to somewhere comfortable and familiar but they really don't know what they are missing until they try this place. If I ever happen to eat sushi rolls at Kintaros again, my experience will never be the same. I'll just be thinking about all the good sushi I'm missing out on at Sushi Bushidos. Too bad they are located in Kapaa town where the parking isn't the greatest but its just a minor issue and I would recommend anyone and everyone to give this place at least a try. I did and I can absolutely say I love it and will definitely recommend to others and go back to try all the different rolls. They do have a website but it doesn't quite cover all of the items they offer, its just a small sample as I learned.