“Great Views of Kauai”

Vintage Biplane Tour of Kauai
Ranked #5 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience a 60 minute air tour of some of the most spectacularly beautiful scenery you will ever see. Air Ventures Hawaii offers 3 unique options for flight travel around the beautiful island of Kauai. Board our 6 passenger G-8 Airvan for breathtaking views of our diversely landscaped Island of Kauaii. During your 60-minute flight, you will view, from your large bubble window, the lush valleys, picturesque Waimea Canyon, cascading waterfalls, miles of Kauai's scenic beaches, as well as the magnificent Kalalau cathedrals of the NaPali Coast. For a more private air tour we offer a Cessna 182 affording the same awe inspiring views, but with only two or three passengers per flight on your 60-minute tour. Air Ventures Hawaii also offers you the ride of a lifetime in our 60-minute air tour in Kauai's only open cockpit bi-plane, our YMF-5 Classic Aircraft. While the pilot operates the controls from the rear, our passengers sit side-by-side in the comfortable OPEN cockpit. Each passenger has the option of wearing a nostalgic cloth helmet and goggles, together with a modern headset providing continuous two-way communication with the pilot.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friend and I took the 1-hour flight yesterday. The views were spectacular! Our flight was relatively smooth and our pilot, Paul, was great about making sure that everyone got to see all of the sights (no matter which side of the plane you were on). We've been to Kauai a few times, but this was the first time to see the island by air. Well worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for Air Ventures Hawaii

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I took my two daughters and my niece to Kauai. None of us had been to the island before so I asked friends about the best way to see everything. I was told by several friends about the Air Ventures tour so we booked a trip. It was amazing! Our pilot made sure that both sides of the plane were exposed to the scenery and explained what we were seeing to each side. We were very pleased that we took the tour.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thank you for the excellent flight over Kauai! It was great, and we got alot of great pictures! Everyone in our group was happy at the end of the tour! I could not believe what all Kauai had to offer when flying over!! Would fly again!!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was a great way to see the island. Our pilot narrated as we flew around. He made several passes so we could have better views and photos. We were able to see things that would not be possible from the road.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

my husband and i were in kauai and thought we couldn't afford to view it by air but we were wrong, this tour is very affordable and the best part is it's a great tour. we definately recommended this tour for very one. The pilot,Paul was very safe with us and made sure we all saw the beautiful island it was the most amazing thing we have every done on vacation and i would do it again.

Been to Air Ventures Hawaii? Share your experiences!