“Good stuff but no regular hours.”
Review of Shaka Shave Ice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shaka Shave Ice
Ranked #75 of 124 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Happy to find this place for shave ice so close to our hotel. It was really good. Their sign said hours open were from 12:00 to 5:00, but that is not really the case. They open and close when they feel like it. One day we were there at about 12:30 and they weren't open. Also, they told us that when business looks slow they close early. I also think the burger place next store overshadows the shave ice section. It could be easily missed. They don't seem too interested in attracting any business. I guess they're just on island time, so it's all good. There's a better place in Kapa'a (Ono shave ice - and it's less expensive).

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best texture of all shaved ice I had on the island. Flavor of syrup was ok. I had mango, guava and pineapple.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was simply the best shaved ice I have ever had. I finished this at least four times while on the island.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've never had such a fine grind of island snow - it melts in your mouth. Perfect after a day at the beach!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Never had shave ice before, so it was quite an experience. Tried it with ice cream on the bottom. One dish feeds 2 people. A fun treat, especially when its hot.