“I had a very good time.”

South Pacific Dinner & Theatre
Ranked #4 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: South Pacific Dinner Theatre on Kauai.
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The food was great and the play was outstanding,
The actors were unforgettable.

3  Thank AlfredMartinez

Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I went to see the musical South Pacific, it was a good production; the actors/actresses were talented in their singing and acting. The actress that played Bloody Mary was especially funny. The food was delicious and it was a delightful evening; we were glad we went.

2  Thank illinoistraveler25
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was way too expensive for the quality. It was civic theatre or high school drama club quality. For as much as they charge and have been doing it for eight years you would think the set would be better. It wasn't even as good as our high school sets would be. Food ok but not great. Very disappointed. I wouldn't go again way too expensive for what you get

1  Thank Steve Sharon L
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were excited to attend the island performance of SOUTH PACIFIC at the Kauai Beach Resort in Lihue. We drove 30 miles from Princeville on the North Shore and arrived at the Kauai Beach Resort where we were forced to use free hotel valet parking. Because of the long line of cars, we made a U-turn and self parked. Upon arrival at the hotel banquet room, we again had to stand in TWO line, the first to obtain out tickets, and the second to enter, take cheesy pics, and find our table. Everyone is PRE-ASSIGNED to round tables of ten so it makes no sense to arrive early and stand in line for better general seating. We were expecting theater or row seating, but realized that we had to watch the performance
from our round tables. Our table was, of course, in the back of the room where we could NOT see the stage, only the performers from the waist up, not fun. On top of that, we were assigned a table full of grumpy, unfriendly older couples. Uncomfortable!
The dinner buffet was a very disappointing array of COSTCO style food prepared by the Kauai Beach Resort kitchen. The "assorted tropical desserts" were boring cake squares and a bowl of fruit, nothing tropical about any of it. We paid $85 + tax & fees = $93 each. Ouch!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

First off, I have seen this show twice. I liked it the first time, but they recently completely upgraded the show in May of 2011, which made a huge difference. You may want to ignore any review before that time as the show is very different and much better now with the new, larger and more colorful island sets. The island's talent was far better than we were expecting. I saw the Broadway production and actually enjoyed this one more. Got to meet people at my table that turned out to be from home town, and we had a really nice evening. The songs and music always bring back many memories. The food is good, and all the people were very friendly from the time they took the reservation to the end when I had a chance to meet and talk to the actors at the end. Really enjoyed it, and will probably come back again. For $20 more you can get front row seats, which I highly recommend.

1  Thank Derek J