“Great Food, Breathtaking Grounds, Excellent Show”

Smith Family Garden Luau
Book In Advance
More Info
$98.00*
and up
Kauai Luau and Sunset Dinner
Ranked #2 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I attended a luau at Smith Family Garden on our recent vacation in Hawaii. Booking online was easy. The family was friendly, especially the host; he was pretty funny too. The grounds are just stunning; if you take the tram tour, you get some education on the flora and fauna of the garden. The Imu ceremony was pretty cool. As for the food, we enjoyed it. I had never had kalua pork (first pig roast ever) & I thought it was delicious. My husband who has been to many pig roasts thought it was great too. Loved the papaya salad dressing. Nice variety of food selections as well. The drinks were pretty good too. My husband discovered pretty early on (because he's already a good tipper) that the more you tip, the more you get lol. At one point he gave the bartender a generous tip & he said "tell me when to stop pouring." The hula show was impressive! I loved that they had a variety of styles of dancing from a wide range of cultures. It was one of our favorite activities on Kauai!

1  Thank Heather B

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The grounds were spectacular and very well kept. On the other hand, the food was ok and did not blow me away at all. The show was interesting but was a pretty boring experience for me. The employees were funny and nice and overall if you want to go to a Luau pick the Smith Family Garden Luau. And don't be turned off the Smith's are Hawaiian!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wonderful grounds, great host and dinner. This is a family operated Luau and it is obvious that they take a lot of pride in doing it well. The music and show during the dinner was very good and the main show after the dinner was fantastic! I was not feeling very well at the beginning of the dinner and one of the older ladies there whom I think was the hosts mother was checking on me to see if i was ok, i really felt good about that and it helped me feel better in a few minutes.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is the best organized, most generous Luau we've attended. The botanical garden location is lovely and you have time to enjoy it before the pig ceremony. The Smith Family has crowd control down to a science. No waiting in line, no running out of food or Mai Tai cocktails. The food and drinks were both delicious and generous. There was entertainment with music during the dinner, but the music wasn't too loud, even in front of the stage, with no embarrassing coercing people from front rows up onto the stage. A blessing on our meal was offered before we ate, which we highly appreciated, and the way it was done, I can't imagine that would offend anyone of any belief. The show after dinner was in an amphitheater. The audience had some cover in case of sprinkles. The performers worked on walkways over water. The light and fire effects in the dark were first class.

3  Thank Cookie064
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very entertaining evening and well organized. We capped of our busy day with this luau and were totally satisfied and would definitely return for another visit. Food was delicious and hosts were very warm and courteous. Great memories created for us at Smith's Luau!! Aloha!!