“Exquisite Kauai scenery accessible only by air” 4 of 5 bubbles

Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
san diego
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Exquisite Kauai scenery accessible only by air”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've taken this tour twice: first time 5 years ago, and again when I was there with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. Both times I was thrilled with the tour and amazed by the prehistoric-looking scenery before us. On my first trip I was placed in the second row (they seat you according to weight distribution) but this last trip I was in the front row next to the pilot. It's hard to describe the scenery so I'll post some pics. Our pilot, Nathan, was extremely experienced and also knowledgeable with stories of the history of the land we were flying over. We saw the Napali coast, places where Jurassic Park was filmed, sites where Johnny Depp filmed, and coves so hidden that they looked like no one had ever walked in the sand. This isn't for the faint-of-heart, as you will fly very close to jagged peaks and mountains, but you are not in danger. ALL the pilots are highly trained, and are the best on the islands. If you want to see the magic of Kauai, go for it by taking this 55-minute helicopter ride. Be advised though, it is not inexpensive (over $200 a person) and they charge you a fuel surcharge too. But you do get what you pay for!

• Finnish first
Richmond, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Blue Hawaiian Helicopter ride in Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was by far the most awe inspiring activity our family did in Hawaii! The ride over the Na Pali coast and the Waimea canyon,known as the grand canyon of the Pacific was absolutely amazing. We were able to see over a dozen waterfalls that couldn't be seen any other way.The six passenger helicopter was able to carry our whole family.

1 Thank 4Norma
Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Did This On My Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Kauai beach Villas hooked us for a timeshare presenation when we checked in - our gift was Buy 1 Get 1 helicopter tickets to Blue Hawaii Helicopter. WOW!!!!! How awesome!!!! We flew over the movie set of Tropic Thunder (yes this was 2006 or 2007 and I'm just now reveiwing it). Na Pali Coast was to die for. So cool this tour. The pilot was a little funny, telling war & pig hunting stories but this was the highlight of our first time to Kauai!

Visited August 2012
Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was the most amazing thing we did on the island! It was so beautiful. The pilot was great and the people in the office friendly and helpful.

Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Breathtaking helicopter tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I experienced our first helicopter tour with these guys in Kauai, HI. Highly recommend a helicopter tour in Kauai as it is the best way to see the entire island. The views are truly amazing, takes your breath away. Well worth the price. If you only do a helicopter tour once, do it in Kauai. This helicopter tour co. was a great experience. Convenient check in spot at the Harbour Mall and quick shuttle ride to helipad at Lihue airport. Our pilot Nathan was great and informative on the views. DVD of tour available for purchase. Wear dark clothing to minimize reflection and improve photography. Seating is assigned based on weight of group, however, if interested in front seats beside pilot for best view, make the request when reserving online. Highly recommend Blue Hawaiian for your helicopter tour in Kauai!

1 Thank Exotic_Flower21