“Wonderful personnel”
Review of Kauai Palms Hotel

Kauai Palms Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The service is wonderful, especially the woman at the desk, who is extremely sympatic.
The room is clean and you will get everything you need. Plus it is very quiet and there is a kitchinette wich we didnt even expected. Best value on the island! Would recommand!

Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Located in the heart of Lihue, you are close to many historic sites. Walking distance to many local resyaurants, including Hamura's Saimin , and Pha Kauai . Staff is wonderful, and can give directions to desirable destinations.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are higher in altitude. Some rooms do not have air conditioners. Some rooms have kitc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wanted too book our first night on the island close to the airport. These reviews sounded like the Kauai Palms would fit that bill. It did. Yes the room was small and the walls and door paper thin but it was reasonable, clean and had free wifi. Which was a real commodity on Kauai turns out. Roosters woke us every night on Kauai and this was no exception. But there aren't many affordable options on this island. This fit the bill perfectly. Nice welcome after the horror show of Alamo.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at Kauai Palms during the holidays and it suited our needs. Clean room, good internet, great coffee, great view from our porch. Reminded me of a roadside "tourist court" from the 1960s. Very friendly staff!!!!

Room Tip: Room 2 was great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CKCameron
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I went to kauai for our honeymoon and did not plan on spending much time at our hotel since we wanted to explore the island. We were also on a budget and the Kauai Palms was perfect for just that. I usually have a hard time getting comfortable at night but the bed was so comfortable! You might want to get a room with an A/C to muffle out the sound of the roosters other wise they will wake you at 4:00 am. There is a local breakfast/lunch place within a few blocks walking distance as well as a nice beach and shopping strip mall with other restaurants if you don't mind walking about 2 miles each way. We did this the first day until we were able to rent a car.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room is small. I am very happy with the level of cleaniness. Everything looks new and modern and super clean. Small charm place for a budget stay. We extended a night stay in Kauai and the hotel we were at were sold out for the last night due to late booking, so I just picked a place close to the airport for a night stay. This place is beyond what I expected for the price. Very happy.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cjtango
Reviewed December 27, 2012

For a first time visit to Kaua'i on a budget this location suited my needs. However, I will definitely look for other accommodations the next time I travel. I always stay in locations under a $100 a night, so I am pretty tolerant. I did not sleep well the ENTIRE week due to the noise. Also, the cleaning service was spotty. The upkeep is nice, but the condition of the towels and overlooking basic cleaning caused me to question.I am going to take the pros and cons approach:

Pros: Cons:
Nightly Rate Traffic noise from staff and locals
Location Loud pipe system when other guests take a shower
Amenities (see below) Noisy refrigerator (I was befuddled too.)
Upkeep Sometimes hearing neighboring guests talking
Roosters crowing

Amenities: in room refrigerator, cable, complimentary coffee, lobby microwave, lobby internet, laundry and ice facilities

I would say that although this was not suitable for me, others may find this location the ideal budget option. Perhaps upgrading to a large room would have made the difference. I was in the smallest room: 6-9 right next to the parking area. If you choose to stay, around the corner there are two highly recommended local spots: a BBQ place next to Robert's jewelry and a noodle place across the street. I tried the local BBQ place and it was AWESOME! They are perfect after a long day of sightseeing. Just walk around the corner down the side street. It looks scary, but there are no scary alleyways in Hawai'i.

Oh! One more tip. The refrigerator is exceptionally small. Do not anticipate storing large amounts of foods. Also, perishable items must be sealed and placed at the back or they will spoil.

Okay last tip, if you are traveling during the rainy season. The rain is most prevalent on the north and east sides of the islands. I experienced this personally. The south and west side rarely sees rain. The only draw back is that you have to drive further to head east or north. The majority of the beautiful beaches and shopping is heading North. Lihue is exactly in the middle, so the longest drive is an hour to the end of the highway in either direction.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 6-9 next to the front office and parking area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Shores Hotel
Aston Islander on the Beach
Tip Top Motel
Tip Top Motel
#9 of 11 in Lihue

Been to Kauai Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!