My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights and overall enjoyed the resort.
In general the resort was well-manicured, clean, and pretty. The pool area was really huge and had several hot tubs which was quite enjoyable. The beach was also pretty and peaceful, and we enjoyed stealing pockets of sun out there on one particularly rainy day.
Our room was large, clean, and nice. The bed was really comfortable.
I was, however, disappointed that our "pool-view" room was mostly a view of a roof and only a tiny slither of the pool area. We had also requested a high floor and a room away from the elevators, and wound up fairly low and in a room closest to the elevators. The maid service was also inconsistent, and we were never sure what to expect when we returned-- some days our room was very thoroughly tidied with even our shoes lined up against the wall, while other days they only really took the time to make our bed and forgot to replenish the shampoo (for example). That said, it was always clean.
The restaurants at the resort were fairly good, especially considering the food on Kauai in general is pretty sub-par. We had the buffet breakfast at Kukui's a couple times and found it plentiful and tasty(~25/pp). It was slightly varied on both days which we appreciated. We also tried the Friday Prime Rib/King Crab Leg dinner buffet (~50/pp), which was surprisingly good! We also tried Kalapaki Grill which was a decent meal. Duke's was also one of the better restaurants that we tried on the island (make a reservation, it gets crowded). The prices were on the high side, as can be expected at a resort. We normally are all about the local food, but after trying a few places and being incredibly disappointed we defaulted to the Marriott options.
The staff were all super friendly and talkative.
Parking was slightly tricky in the evenings but we were always able to find a spot, even if it wasn't always closest to our side of our resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai, HI