We've stayed here on and off for the last 10 years. Took a few years off and went back last year and it was great. They were fairly consistent this year. Pool is awesome. We splurged for a cabana on two days ($40/day) which was worth it to escape the sun and have a comfy chair to sleep in. Pool staff at the towel area are a bit short and not overly friendly. Guess they have to be due to numerous non-guests trying to use the pool. They should be nicer to those that pay to be there. The pool bar staff (Kalapaki Grill) are awesome. Very, very friendly. Go out of their way to make you happy. We asked to borrow a knife to slice a pineapple we bought. The bartender insisted that he carve it for us. We asked him to taste it. He said he didn't like it so he gave us a bunch of the pineapple he carved for the bar as well as our own. A nice touch. Cost them nothing but made us really happy. We also needed to freeze a blue ice packet for our cooler. The sushi chef happily obliged and turned down a tip. We had lunch one day at the pool (kalua pork tacos - awesome) and thought it was a good value. Had happy hour snacks each night at the Keokis bar. Lots of $4 apps. Some better than others but all good and great value.
We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a suite. Very, very nice. Nice sitting area and separate bedroom. Only a small issue with TV reception which was resolved. Note to future suite stayers - close the blinds when you are out of the room (all of them) or when you return you will be very hot as the sun shines in all day long making it impossible for the AC to keep up.
Front desk staff friendlier on checkout than checkin but still ok. (These were the folks whom I found least friendly on past visits.)
One annoyance was when we drove out one day and stopped at the bell desk for towels for the beach. We had left our pool towel cards in the room and they wouldn't give us towels without them. While I understand, would have appreciated a different outcome.
Fitness center was very crowded but equipment could use a little work. Three of four ellipticals had some sort of problem with TV or equipment.)
One of the best parts of the hotel is the central location. Easy access to all of the island. Great local restaurants in Lihue and Kapaa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai, HI