We recently stayed at the Marriott Kauai for seven nights. The hotel is just beautiful. The grounds are well-maintained, clean, and lush. The rooms were ok - Marriott standard with no frills. Be prepared - it is a huge property, so yes, you will do some walking. The pool is beautiful and huge - it never felt crowded. Overall the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
We arrived early and hoped we could check in. No chance. The woman at the desk tried very hard to upsell us to a suite for another $200 per night! After we told her no, she clearly was not interested in finding us a room to check in early. When they say a 4:00 check-in they don't budge - even for Marriott Platinum members.
The resort fee - don't even get me started. Mandatory $25 per night. It includes "free" parking (even though it seems the entire town parks in the lot to use the beach all day), includes "free" internet (although I already get it for free as a platinum member), and a "free" bottle of water in our room every day. Except the cleaning service only left a bottle on three of the seven nights. I am not sure how they justify this added fee.
Food on-property is ok. Breakfast is outrageously, outrageously expensive. $25 for the buffet. If you just want an omelette, juice, and coffee it costs about $23. Just wrong. We ate at Dukes and Cafe Portafino - both quite good. Generally better to eat elsewhere.
Overall we liked the hotel. The resort fee is basically a scam - may make me reconsider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai, HI