I wasn't expecting much - I thought it would be dated and extremely noisy from the nearby airport. I was pleasantly surprised though, the hotel IS enormous and is surrounded by sprawling gardens and grounds which are quite beautiful. The buildings are large and impressive in scale even though they are quite old. The lagoon pool is huge and there are a number of hot tubs situated around it. The beach is actually quite lovely and we preferred it over many of the other south shore beaches on offer. It was great to be able to stroll out of our room onto what felt like a private beach and go paddleboarding/swimming or just lounge about on one of the many beach chairs.
Dukes was great for dinner or lunch. We weren't too impressed with the other food offerings though.
The room itself was fine. We had a view of the pool and ocean from the Kahili tower, a large balcony, comfy bed - everything that you need. One thing is that the resort is so large it can be quite a trek to get from one end to the other.
A lot of the guests are elderly or families with children as you would expect at this type of resort. They all seemed to be having a great time.
The airport proximity didn't bother us at all. We never noticed planes (the airport probably isn't that busy anyway) but we saw a lot of helicopters fly over during the day (we even flew over the resort in one) - however we didn't find the noise of helicopters disturbing in the slightest.
The drive to Koloa or Poipu isn't too far either for your daytrips and dinners etc. Lihue itself isn't much.
All in all we really enjoyed our time here, it was very relaxing and we loved the beach area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai, HI