“BEST RESORT HANDS DOWN!!”

Kaua'i Marriott Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Fresno, California
“BEST RESORT HANDS DOWN!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Kauai for our 25th Anniversary. This resort was just perfect! We were treated like royalty by the staff and the property was to die for. Our room was upgraded, and we were comped free drinks and breakfast buffet for our entire stay. (The breakfast was comped by our travel agent). The resort was beautiful! The koi pond, the massive columns, the lobby was decorated for Christmas, it was just gorgeous. Our room was awesome, and the bathroom was spa like. We had a fabulous week, and could of spent it entirely at this resort. They had classes, lessons on so many things, the jacuzzi's were amazing (5 of them) and the pool was something you would just have to see. Restaurants were great, and the beach was right there and awesome. I will definitely be going back!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room overlooking pool and beach. Going out on the balcony to see that magnificent...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sushu66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kansas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found this hotel to have most of the things you might want in a resort area hotel. The beach was really nice and a great place to learn to paddle surf. It is close to shopping, though it may not be the cheapest places to shop. On site had lots of options and help with rentals and site sseeing, The room we had, small suite ocean front was very nice and had a nice view. We would recommend this to people wanting a relaxing place to stay, yet close to areas, (within 20 minutes drive) if you want more night life.

Room Tip: A big different between ocean view and ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KansasIslandhoppers
Cypress, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a 2 bedroom timeshare with a peek a boo view. We had 5 adults in the rooms. The kichenette was helpful, but I did miss having the full kitchen but you can make do forsure.
Everything was really accessible. The staff was great. The pool was awesome. Pulled pork at the pool was great! The beach was nice but we spent most of the time at the pool since I was expecting at the time. i referred family back here as it is central to the island locations we wanted to visit. Cant complain about anything from our trip.

Room Tip: We did ours thru our timeshare but I dont think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lihue in general isn't a destination for snorkeling, but the beach at the Marriott really emphasizes that fact. Dont waste your time at this beach if you want to see any fish.
On the other hand the grounds at this hotel are gorgeous and I mean GORGEOUS! The staff is also incredibly friendly and helpful all the time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChicagoAly
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights as part our vacation in Kauai. Very convenient to the airport, shopping. The hotel and resort itself was beautiful. Most areas looked like they had been renovated recently. Very clean grounds. Lots of chickens roaming, a couple stray cats. We were in awe of the pool area. Couldn't believe we were staying at such a nice resort. The pool was not heated so we never made it in. The weather during our trip was very windy and there were lots of rain showers. Didn't see a lot of sun. The beach area looked nice, but again didn't get to enjoy much because of weather. Ocean was really choppy. Service was great. Anytime we had a need it was met. From bellmen to front desk to cafe, we had no complaints. Our room was nice and clean, bed was comfortable. Bathroom counter space was limited. Not much room to put toiletries and such. We would have loved to have a microwave. Only real downside for us, but same at another hotel we stayed. Otherwise, we enjoyed our visit and would return again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nicknlinds
Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Marriott Kauai Resort is one of the most pleasurable experiences we have had as a family traveling together. The resort is situated very near the Lihue Airport and provides a free shuttle service to and from for traveler convenience. The shuttle will pick you up outside the baggage claim and wisk you off to the most wonderful stay you can imagine.

The friendly staff greeted us with "Welcome Home" as they collected our bags and sent us off to check-in. The entrance alone is worth the trip as we glided down the escalator into another world. On the way to reception we encountered beautiful gardens with swans, birds, ducks and a fabulous coy pond. Check-in was quick and easy and off to the room.

Our room was a garden view on the ground level which meant we were entertained by the gorgeous roosters that inhabit the island. They cluck around in their little broods and were so much fun. Just outside is a hammock and grilling area for the guests to use. We enjoyed that. On our last day we checked out but our flight wasn't until 8:30 PM so they provided us with an extended stay hotel room that was on the ocean. We appreciated the chance to enjoy the fullness of our last day and at a reasonable price too.

This hotel is situated on 800 acres fronting Kalapaki Bay. The beach is clean and the water is just warm enough to swim and snorkel. There are all kinds of activities on the beach that include volley ball, kaiaking, paddle boarding, surfing, snorkeling and sunning. The beach has a wonderful grass section with palm trees and lounge chairs for hotel guests. Towels are provided as are the chairs which is a big plus.

The hotel has five different restaurants which we enjoyed each one. A short walk down the beach tourists find Duke's which is famous for their outdoor style dining. The island is small and easy to navigate. I recommend renting a car (right at the hotel) and taking a drive to Waimea Canyon. Once you take this ride you will be eager to explore the rest of the island's beauty.

This hotel is great for families with children of all ages. We already have our reservations for 2013 and hope to return every year as long as we are able.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are small and if overlooking the pool I would go higher for quiet. The garden view V...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TiggyStyle
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I arrived a couple of days before NY 2013 and upon first arriving, it reminded me a lot of the Costa Rica Marriott resort in San Jose....nothing like flying somewhere and you know the weather must Venice when the lobby is open air. Rooms were like most any other Marriott....nothing too flashy, but clean and relatively spacious.

My girlfriend and I did a lot of driving on Kauai so we didn't hang at the hotel too much, but as for the pool- beautiful, but this mainlander that's not under the age of 13 would have loved a pool that was a little warmer. No doubt other people's kids loved it, but after one time in there, I just couldn't do it. So, if the pool could just be a little warmer (it's certainly big and pretty enough) that would be a big improvement.

As for one other thing that rubbed me a little poorly, I felt as if I was constantly trying to be unsold on things. For one, I had to get the soft sell to buy a condo in order to get a few of the amenities. Also, it seemed like I was always being offered to upgrade to the $30 or so mug to get my unlimited coffee and drinks. Sorry, I just want a cup or two a day...although at a ridiculous $5.50 for a cup of regular Kauai coffee, maybe I should've bought the overpriced mug. Oh well...I just have to think for a resort that seems to be doing quite well, $5.50 for coffee (not a latte or mocha, but drip coffee) is a little ridiculous (and yes, I am a big Starbucks drinker, but I don't mind paying half of what the Marriott here is charging for my morning cup...which is usually a latte).

Overall, it's hard to have a bad vacation in Kauai. And it's hard to have a bad time at the Marriott here...I just see there being more potential with just a few tweaks here and there. Credit to the staff there for getting me a room upgrade as a platinum member on the day a room became available....room wasn't much different, but the view was 100 percent better!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank R W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,244 reviews
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Kaua'i Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!