Our four night stay here was effortless. Everything is close and comfortable. The location on the bay is serene and natural even though it is an active port. The golf courses are steps away from the hotel and the roads that run through them are great for jogging or walking. I liked the fact I could rent a stand up paddle board and head out into the bay without much concern for big surf. While the bay does have some waves, and folks do surf, there is a lake-like quality that makes SUP a delight. We rented a car through an online broker and were able to pick it up at the hotel which was convenient and cheap.
Our room was on the 11th floor and the higher floors have the better views over the palm tree grove that surrounds the pool. The pool is huge and there was never a shortage of places to lounge and relax. Service was attentive without a sales edge and we enjoyed food and drinks poolside. We also ate at the poolside restaurant one night and the food was nicely done.
It really is close to the airport but you don't have all that air traffic noise. Be sure to travel around the island and see the sites. No shortage of activities on land, water or air. Early mornings on the hotel terrace were a delight with free wifi to connect to the outside and a fresh cup of Hawaiian coffee. Great way to start the trouble-free day in paradise...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kaua'i Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kaua'i Marriott Resort Kauai, HI