“Awesome Lobster Roll; Call your order in to avoid the wait”

Deli and Bread Connection
Ranked #23 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great sandwiches! We decided to stop on our way back to the airport (there are few options once you get there) and after hearing how long the wait can be for non-locals, we decided to call our order in. My husband had no problem running in to pick it up, everything was ready to go. I had the lobster roll, which was great, although I'm still not sure I love cheese on it, and I love cheese on everything. My husband got the turkey club and also really enjoyed it. Highly recommended for affordable food on Kauai.

There are newer reviews for Deli and Bread Connection

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The Deli and Bread Connection is one my favorite places to eat. It's a step above Subways. They have a good variety of sandwiches to choose from. Everyone has their favorite sandwich. I recommend the Chicken Salad Sandwich on French Roll with Swiss Cheese and The "Works". Their New England Clam Chowder goes great with any sandwich. They even sell it in a Sourdough Bread Bowl. The place is usually crowded during the lunch hour. Best to come just before or after lunch hour rush if you don't like the crowds. If you are brave and hungry enough to endure the crowd, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

After a late lunch we decided to just grab a sandwich for dinner. We knew this place was open until 9:00, so we got there right at 8:00 and when we got the counter the girl kind of stared at us and said, the kitchen is closed, sorry. So my mom said, so we can't get a sandwich. The girl turned around to ask someone and another employee said the kitchen closes at 8:00. Why does the kitchen close at 8:00 if they are open until 9:00? What cooking is exactly required to make a sandwich? The place was full of locals and one picked up their sandwich while we were standing there. After reading the other reviews, I now get it. It wasn't that the kitchen was closed, it was that we were tourists. Disappointing on such a friendly island! They should be disqualified from the "Best of Kauai" recommendations, since tourists are the ones who read them.

5  Thank Karen H
Reviewed September 2, 2012

tasty menu, in a cute shop. Customer service is good, yet slow. Has a lot on menu to please all palates!

1  Thank patteo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Yes, as often mentioned, the service is very strange here, not friendly, borders on impatient. But we have eaten here several times during each visit and really love the food. Our first experience here was during the tsunami of 2009 and the Deli was the only food place open in the shopping center. We appreciated that they were serving all the displaced tourists albeit making tons of money that day. And the sandwiches and soup were great. That lobsta roll is just as good today as it was a few years ago, delicious toasted roll, real chunks of lobster, melted cheese and sautéed onions and mushrooms. We will continue to eat here because we like the food but if the service improved, our rating would be higher.

1  Thank hummer31